NCAA football moving to January-April season for 2020-21?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Forget the fall: It's time to start planning 2020 college football season in 2021

Canceling sports, it turns out, was the easy part. Bringing them back — especially college football — is going to be infinitely more difficult.

A number of schools have already said no in person classes for fall semester. And probably few/no schools willing to risk 20k+ gatherings to attend football games.

So perhaps start in January and play to April? (And push start of 2021-22 season out by a month?)

Lots of moving parts. Decision expected in May.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
For several years now, I've binged on classic TV series throughout the summer, with my last few binges from late August into September being scheduled around college football. Beginning week 1, I would not watch any classic TV on Saturdays, deferring to college football. Normally I'm finished with my binges when fall TV shows begin on the 3rd or 4th Monday night of September.

If there is no college football in the normal timeframe this year, I'd need to add more stuff to binge on, not too much because only four new days of binging would be opened (all Saturdays).

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Forget the fall: It's time to start planning 2020 college football season in 2021

Canceling sports, it turns out, was the easy part. Bringing them back — especially college football — is going to be infinitely more difficult.

A number of schools have already said no in person classes for fall semester. And probably few/no schools willing to risk 20k+ gatherings to attend football games.

So perhaps start in January and play to April? (And push start of 2021-22 season out by a month?)

Lots of moving parts. Decision expected in May.

gets pretty cold in the northern unis in Jan and Feb

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Cold-weather football is real football.

More Southern teams should play NCGs up North during the late season. And if the season is moved, these teams would have no choice if they have scheduled NCGs up north.

One example would be my desire for Ohio State to play a November home game with Clemson the week before playing Michigan.

I want to see OSU beat Clemson one day, and this would be the best way to do it.

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Possible challenge for traveling college hockey fans like me: College football games co-scheduled on weekends with college hockey on the same campus = more competition for lodging & dining & other services around town. Gonna make my advance scheduling task a notch or two harder, unless college hockey takes 2020-21 off.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
College hockey likely on hold for 2020 too.

Some colleges not planning any on campus activities, including in person classes, until the calendar turns.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad