NBC plans to shut down NBCSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

NHL/NBC deal expires at the end of this season.

Also, NFL TV contracts with ESPN (2021) and CBS, NBC, FOX (2022) also expiring in next 2 years.

Interesting times ahead.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Have heard the next deal will be with multiple networks, including ESPN, as well as a streaming platform, potentially Hulu.

Reactions: Jakey53

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Pretty surprising... not everyday does a channel once worth over a billion dollar shut down.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Everything is moving to streaming.

It's quite amazing how quickly the shift is happening. There are roughly 80 million cable/satellite households left in the US (and dropping rapidly), while Disney+ reported last month they had already hit 87 million subscribers.

I still have DirecTV, but with NBCSN going away have one less reason to keep it.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It's quite amazing how quickly the shift is happening. There are roughly 80 million cable/satellite households left in the US (and dropping rapidly), while Disney+ reported last month they had already hit 87 million subscribers.

I still have DirecTV, but with NBCSN going away have one less reason to keep it.
I don’t think I like it. There seems to be no consistency with streaming services and what they will carry, year to year. I also love the quality of Direct when I’m in the middle of nowhere in an rv, don’t think a hotspot is going to provide same consistent, dependable quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad