NBA CBA and the coronavirus. UPD - restart approved

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I don't think it makes sense to have the NBA Finals potentially end at a time when preseason games for 20-21 are supposed to be played. They should just cancel the rest of the season and work on getting as much of 20-21 played as possible.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don't think it makes sense to have the NBA Finals potentially end at a time when preseason games for 20-21 are supposed to be played. They should just cancel the rest of the season and work on getting as much of 20-21 played as possible.
they're not.... 8 teams aren't playing, Z..... MUCH like 24 team playoff took out the bottom 7 IN the NHL

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
NHL: Here is an insane way to restart the season.

NBA: Hold my beer. *pours the beer all over the NBA's feet*

NHL: Wanna use my idea?

NBA: *head goes down.* yeah...

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
All the TV money is in the playoffs.

Next season doesn't mean anything at this point, they could play a 50 game season and be fine.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
All the TV money is in the playoffs.

Next season doesn't mean anything at this point, they could play a 50 game season and be fine.

It wouldn't have killed the NBA or its TV partners to cancel the playoffs this year. MLB and the NHL have already done it in the past. Heck, even the NCAA canceled March Madness. A calendar year without postseason basketball of any kind (pro or college) wouldn't have hurt us.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
NBA playoffs to reportedly start with play-in tournament on Aug. 16, Finals start on Sept. 30

Several tentative key dates for the NBA’s postseason plan in Orlando, Florida, were revealed on Monday.

More clarification on dates
  • Sept. 30: NBA Finals Game 1
  • Oct. 12: NBA Finals Game 7 (If needed)
Looks like a Wed-Fri-Mon rotation.

MNF:
10/5 - ATL @ GB
10/12 - LAC @ NO

Assuming the SCF would play on Tue, Thu, Sat then.

TNF:
10/1 - DEN @ NYJ (NFLN exclusive)
10/8 - TB @ CHI (FOX)

ND vs. WIS is scheduled for NBC the evening on 10/3, so that may end up one of the 2 NBCSN games.

Stanford @ ND is also a night game on NBC on 10/10.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
The NBA should just shorten next season to like 66 games as they did the last time the regular season started in December (in that case, due to a lockout). 82 games between December and a date early enough to allow participation in the Olympics is too much.

The schedule format for a 66-game season could be this:

4 games (2 home, 2 away) against all teams in the division - 16 games
2 games (1 home, 1 away) against all other teams - 50 games

This preserves being able to host and visit every other NBA team at least once, unlike the format used in 2011-12.

It's also a preparation for the possible return to Seattle and Vancouver and the adoption of a division-heavy schedule format after that (all non-division teams twice each, division opponents 6 or 7 times each depending on the division size).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad