OT: NBA 2019-2020

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I hear ya but if we sacrifice a little defense by dealing Payton in order for Quickley to maintain his role now that we got Rose, I'm all for it.
Like I said we didn’t give up much so I’m not going crazy. Now if we gave up the Detroit second I’d be going nuts lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Like I said we didn’t give up much so I’m not going crazy. Now if we gave up the Detroit second I’d be going nuts lol

Exactly....we are on same page.

Gotta be honest, now that we got Rose combined with all the other good stuff going on here especially how we can play defense, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd be a bit dissapointed now if we don't make the playoffs as one of the last seeds.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Exactly....we are on same page.

Gotta be honest, now that we got Rose combined with all the other good stuff going on here especially how we can play defense, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd be a bit dissapointed now if we don't make the playoffs as one of the last seeds.
Hovever I doubt Rose will make that much of a difference of whether we get in or not . If we get to the playoffs it will be because if Randle, RJ, and even Quickley more than Rose

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Hovever I doubt Rose will make that much of a difference of whether we get in or not . If we get to the playoffs it will be because if Randle, RJ, and even Quickley more than Rose

I dunno but if Rose continues this resurgence of his, he really could give the Knicks another option other than Randle who can create his own shot which could be quite fruitful going forward. Adding Rose to RJ, Randle, Quickley, Robinson is a pretty nice add. We'll see but I'm pretty optimistic about the Knicks prospects going forward.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I dunno but if Rose continues this resurgence of his, he really could give the Knicks another option other than Randle who can create his own shot which could be quite fruitful going forward. Adding Rose to RJ, Randle, Quickley, Robinson is a pretty nice add. We'll see but I'm pretty optimistic about the Knicks prospects going forward

I’m optimistic I just don’t think Rose is a huge get. He is t close to the offensive player that he was and he defense is Horrid and I’m not even overreacting lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I’m optimistic I just don’t think Rose is a huge get. He is t close to the offensive player that he was and he defense is Horrid and I’m not even overreacting lol

No I agree that Rose isn't a "huge" get. I think he's a "nice" get which is kind of what I've been saying. Obviously he's not what he used to be but Rose has had a pretty good past two years and if he can contribute like that, the defensive deficiencies can be forgiven or at least I'll forgive them...lol

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
No I agree that Rose isn't a "huge" get. I think he's a "nice" get which is kind of what I've been saying. Obviously he's not what he used to be but Rose has had a pretty good past two years and if he can contribute like that, the defensive deficiencies can be forgiven or at least I'll forgive them...lol
Agree to disagree I guess

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The upside to Rose is Thibs doesn’t have to play Barrett 36 mins a night. He’s gonna run him into the ground.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Brutal 4th and loss.I'm not looking forward to seeing this team slip into the playoffs to become a 1st round punching bag

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Ugh...this was a tough loss to take. They definitely should have won this one as once again down the stretch they couldn't make a shot. Randle might have had his worst game of the year. RJ is wildly inconsistent still and missed a fairly easy layup to tie the game last second.

Rose tho played really well both offensively and on the defensive end. Oh well trials and tribulations of a young team trying to put it together. Team is on the right track tho as they play defense every night and that will always give you a chance.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
The whole purpose of the Rose trade is to get the team to go at a faster pace.
They need a kick in the butt.
I hope they dont fall into irrational expectations and go blow up all the draft capitol for a quick fix.
This team is a long way away from competing.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I've said this before and I'll say it again, the Knicks are starting to get me nervous as they are actually fun to watch. I'm not used to this. Heck even with Robinson out which while a pretty big loss, the Knicks look like they will have enough depth to withstand his loss as Noel is just as much of a rim protector if not more, as MRob is.

The Derrick Rose addition as I suspected has been a boon for the lineup as besides offensively, he's bought into Thib's defensive system and is playing good D as well.

I dunno but at 13-15 and currently holding the 7th seed and with upcoming games vs less than stellar competition like Atlanta, Orlando, San Antonio, Minnesota, Golden State and Sacramento with 5 of those 6 games at MSG, it's not unreasonable to think that the Knicks could and should be over .500 with about half the season too go.

And for that to actually occur and to be over .500 and in the playoffs with just half the season to go would be something no one and I do mean no one could have possibly foreseen.

Who knew before the season that it would be the Knicks and not the Rangers, that would be the most exciting and more successful resident of MSG? Pretty wild what's going on here in Knickland!!

Reactions: ponzu4u

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
This Hawks team is awful to watch. Trae Young dribbles around looking for someone to crash into so he can throw it in the air to get FT.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Julius Randle is ridiculous this year. I don't think I've ever seen such a metamorphous of a player like Randle has transformed into in a very long time.

Last edited:

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I've said this before and I'll say it again, the Knicks are starting to get me nervous as they are actually fun to watch. I'm not used to this. Heck even with Robinson out which while a pretty big loss, the Knicks look like they will have enough depth to withstand his loss as Noel is just as much of a rim protector if not more, as MRob is.

The Derrick Rose addition as I suspected has been a boon for the lineup as besides offensively, he's bought into Thib's defensive system and is playing good D as well.

I dunno but at 13-15 and currently holding the 7th seed and with upcoming games vs less than stellar competition like Atlanta, Orlando, San Antonio, Minnesota, Golden State and Sacramento with 5 of those 6 games at MSG, it's not unreasonable to think that the Knicks could and should be over .500 with about half the season too go.

And for that to actually occur and to be over .500 and in the playoffs with just half the season to go would be something no one and I do mean no one could have possibly foreseen.

Who knew before the season that it would be the Knicks and not the Rangers, that would be the most exciting and more successful resident of MSG? Pretty wild what's going on here in Knickland!!
Why would you be nervous? Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad