Proposal: Nathan Beaulieu to…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Nathan Beaulieu to anywhere for anything… just get him the hell off my team and away from Paul Maurice.

Seriously… you can’t make this kind of stupidity up.
Beaulieu and Maurice as a package deal… who wants them?

Reactions: Fairview

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Honetsly, probably not Beaulieu but I expect the Avs to make a move for a depth D with Murray out for a while and Mcdonald left the game on a stretcher last night. Depending on Byram status it's either Barron or a AHLer such as Gilbert/Middleton. Mcdermid is better as a F so hopefully it won't be him.

Reactions: BatVader

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Is he that bad? I see he had a stretch where he played single digit minutes then got scratched.

If he's solid in his own end Vancouver wouldn't mind trading Hunt for him, though we don't really have cap space so may need Winnipeg to eat some of the salary.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Can i swap you a gently used olli maata for him?

When he f***s things up you can say, "ha, it doesnt maata" or "hakuna ollimaata".

Salary cap doesn't work, Maata makes almost 3 times Beaulieu.

Is he that bad? I see he had a stretch where he played single digit minutes then got scratched.

If he's solid in his own end Vancouver wouldn't mind trading Hunt for him, though we don't really have cap space so may need Winnipeg to eat some of the salary.

No chance of Winnipeg eating any cap.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Salary cap doesn't work, Maata makes almost 3 times Beaulieu.

No chance of Winnipeg eating any cap.

Yeah probably not. We could probably retain or sweeten things if we were truly serious about it.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

Is he that bad? Not terrible.

The issue is our coach chooses to a) play plugs like Beau that has absolutely no future with the Jets over PPG defensive prospects we have or b) play 11F -7D because we “need his PK” ability.

If he was utilized properly(aka press box material), he’s not a bad a guy to have. Maurice is just an idiot.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Honetsly, probably not Beaulieu but I expect the Avs to make a move for a depth D with Murray out for a while and Mcdonald left the game on a stretcher last night. Depending on Byram status it's either Barron or a AHLer such as Gilbert/Middleton. Mcdermid is better as a F so hopefully it won't be him.

Try to get Kulak out of Montreal. He's a way better D than Beaulieu. Can really skate, so will fit in with rest of your D & has always had solid underlying numbers. A #5 that can play #4 minutes when injuries strike.

He's playing as a #3 right now though, so he doesn't look as good number wise. Just a bad year in Montreal in general.

He's UFA at end of year.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Nathan Beaulieu to anywhere for anything… just get him the hell off my team and away from Paul Maurice.

Seriously… you can’t make this kind of stupidity up.
Beaulieu and Maurice as a package deal… who wants them?

Send him over to Ottawa for Mete.
Please.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Try to get Kulak out of Montreal. He's a way better D than Beaulieu. Can really skate, so will fit in with rest of your D & has always had solid underlying numbers. A #5 that can play #4 minutes when injuries strike.

He's playing as a #3 right now though, so he doesn't look as good number wise. Just a bad year in Montreal in general.

He's UFA at end of year.

100% Being from Quebec, i've watched a lot of game and I like Kulak, he would fit the Avs system really well. His analytics are also great. Should not be expensive (mid pick ?).

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Hes the 7th defenceman he isn't going anywhere. They might choose not to re-sign in off season but as a number 7 he is fine. So many jet fans triggered by mo's use of him but have absolutely nothing to say that chevy keep him this year. Nobody on the moose even remotely as good as him to be a number 7.

Reactions: hn777

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I bet he gets re-signed to league minimum next year. We've never not had a defenseman like him - even though our lineup is very strong, they will find an excuse to sign him, and Maurice will find an excuse to use him way more than he should.

Reactions: BatVader

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Beaulieu is one of the bargain bin guys that actually looked decent in Buffalo but yeesh these past 2 years...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I always thought Beaulieu would end up being like Petry (before he broke out offensively at 29).

The issue with Beaulieu is just hockey IQ. The tools are there: good skating, a good first pass, not afraid to play physical. I don't even think he's lazy, I always found he put in a good effort. He's just not a very smart player.

Reactions: hn777 and Ossific

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Beaulieu is one of the bargain bin guys that actually looked decent in Buffalo but yeesh these past 2 years...

We must have different memories of his time in Buffalo. His nickname was an unflattering variation on the phonetics of his last name due to his ability to trip over his own feet, be in the wrong position, mishandle pucks and general struggle to do anything regarding hockey.

But he will defend a teammate.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
The major problem with Beaulieu in Winnipeg isn’t so much his play… he’s mediocre at best, but about what you’d expect from a 7th D… the biggest issue is that the moron coach loves him and plays him over developing youth or even better vets, in places Beaulieu should never be played in.
If our idiot coach played him like he should be played, there wouldn’t be an issue, but unfortunately, PoMo is protected and can do anything he wants and get away with it.
I can’t wait for a coaching change, but I might not live that long… I’m already in my 50’s

Reactions: hn777

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Trade him to MTL for a 2nd. He was worth that in the eyes of Habs fans when he was there.
Trade them Danault for 1st + Guhle while we are at it. Selke candidate and all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad