Prospect Info: Nashville Predators Prospect Rankings #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

#1 Predators prospect?

• Zachary L'Heureux

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Juuso Pärssinen

• Anton Olsson

• Luke Prokop

• Markus Nurmi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Still Askarov for me. Well, we need him to be anyway. I think he has the biggest upside at least. If he can be a true franchise #1 goalie, that's the biggest upside of any of our prospects IMO. Although it has been really tough to track his progress given the sporadic play and all the different levels he's been bouncing around in.

Kemell would have been the only challenger IMO.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Hard to gauge this, most likely to contribute this season or most likely to be a great NHL player over all time? I'd go Askarov for all-time and I went Afanasayev for right now.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I still feel like Askarov is the prospect in our pool most likely to be an elite level talent. Others could always surprise but their upsides seem more like accessory players whereas Askarov can be a gamebreaker.

Reactions: PredsV82

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Small sample size, but after watching Askarov in person I am all in on him. Fortunately, I feel our prospect pool is as full of talent as I've ever seen.

Reactions: adsfan

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Notice how last year we had Farrance #5 ahead of L'Heureux, Parssinen, Jeannot, etc. Ouch. :oops:
Farrance is still a guy who needs to work on the defensive side of his game. We moved away from investing more time on some D-men in that bucket. As of now, we have D-men that are either rookies (straight out of juniors or the NCAA) or older AHL fodder. That in-between pipeline is gone.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Farrance is still a guy who needs to work on the defensive side of his game. We moved away from investing more time on some D-men in that bucket. As of now, we have D-men that are either rookies (straight out of juniors or the NCAA) or older AHL fodder. That in-between pipeline is gone.
Last year certainly showed that Farrance needed a lot more work than we were thinking. Heck, the 2-game cameo he had after signing with us, I was really impressed and thought, wow, he "gets it", he's already playing The Right Way towards that...

... But then his AHL season was abysmal. Reportedly on basically all fronts, I take everybody here who reported on him at their word for that, and certainly the stats bear it out. Just... normally if we have a prospect who struggles mightily in their first Pro season... and yet were very high on with our prospect list... we extend a little bit of patience and try working with that. Farrance doesn't seem to have been afforded that patience. So I suspect there's something a little more going on than just his disappointingly poor play on the ice. Maybe he has some attitude/entitlement issue or upon closer inspection they've detected some flaws that they really don't think they can work with, a la Myers say. Or Farrance himself has been clamoring for more than his due. Something else is going on beyond just a Rookie Pro prospect having a hugely disappointing first season. We'll probably never know what. But the fact nobody else has signed him yet either is a bit of a curiosity when thrown into that mix.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So I'm guessing he signed a 2 years ELC and burned one of those years at the end of 20-21. So just one season of pro hockey and now nobody wants him. Something must be really bad wrong. Feel bad for the kid.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So I'm guessing he signed a 2 years ELC and burned one of those years at the end of 20-21. So just one season of pro hockey and now nobody wants him. Something must be really bad wrong. Feel bad for the kid.
Just depends on if that " really bad wrong " is something out of his control or not. I mean he does have a degree from Harvard, could be simply that he has lost his drive to play the game and would really rather be doing something else. It's always possible the reason he hasn't been signed is that he doesn't want too.

Could also be something as simple as attitude. Maybe in his mind he thought he was going to come right into the NHL and thinks he is too good to be in the AHL. Could also be that they have been trying to get him to do certain things with his game since college and he just refuses to do the work.

Something happened there though cause it's definitely not normal for Poile to give up on a guy that quickly. Even with Myers you could say they weren't willing to keep at it because of the money he was being paid, but I suspect there was more to that as well.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Farrance went to BU Vesey went to Harvard.

And I didnt mean personally just something bad wrong about his hockey play

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Farrance went to BU Vesey went to Harvard.

And I didnt mean personally just something bad wrong about his hockey play
Right, I just woke up and am just working on my coffee so forgive me on that detail. I mean if it is his hockey it just seems odd that he would go from a guy that everyone liked coming out of college to suddenly just unfixable garbage in one season. It's hard for me to believe that everyone was that wrong. That said it seems like Poile, or it could be Nichols as well, have reached a point where they aren't fooling around with guys anymore. You either come in and get to it or you get moved out. Of course it could just be a case where you just happen to have 2 guys in rather short time period that they are just that certain they will never be any good.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Farrance does appear to be well out of the norm. Poile has clearly given guys with off ice issues (such as addiction problems) a second chance in the past. Giving the young guys a chance to develop in the AHL is a core tenet of how he runs his hockey ops.

He was really quite good at driving the powerplay when he first came in, I thought.

Strange.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
There is a line Poile won’t cross. It has to do with ethics and integrity. We, as avid fans who pay all the bills in the long run, are due certain explanations and not at all due any in certain instances. Poile, be it performance related, pay or personal , will apparently not be commenting on Farrance. I trust him on that. When he has commented on personal situations it has always been in conjunction with the players wishes to go public or publicly entering the NHL/NHLPA Assistance Program. Since no announcement has been made by that Assistance Program we should assume it to be performance or pay related. Should it be attitude related Poile will not comment on it. And we should not assume it is that. Just let it play out and it’ll, no doubt become clear.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Whatever the reason it says alot to me that as thin as we are in the minors that Poile didn't seem to have any real issue on letting him go.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Whatever the reason it says alot to me that as thin as we are in the minors that Poile didn't seem to have any real issue on letting him go.
The even bigger, more damning thing is, every GM knows that a Nashville defensive prospect probably has at least something worth taking a look at. An nobody has even signed this guy to a 2 way league minimum deal. Just a total headscratcher

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I liked Farrance. I kept waiting for him to show improvement during the season. He never really did.

He tried to go from end to end with the puck too many times. He would skate around with the puck in the O-zone for 20 seconds without passing or shooting, then lose the puck. After about 75% of the season, the Admirals fans were starting to get on him. He hurt the offense and the defense. He isn't Bobby Orr.
(I will guess that he didn't listen to the coaches about adjusting his game and that is why he is gone.)

50 GP, 1 G 13 A and -3 on a team that went 39-28-0-9 with 226 G and 392 A.
He did not play in any of the nine playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad