GDT: Nashville Predators 2024 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
As much as I have never been a fan of Josi as Captain, I don't see that spot opening up until he retires, unless he just decides he wants to give it up.

TBH outside of the preseason games in Florida I haven't seen much of camp. The Florida games weren't good, but I think Stamkos and O'Reilly were about the only big names that even played.
I'm curious how you judge a NHL captain as a fan?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Good deal. Tampa area is under water and my area of north east TN is having a ton of issues with flash flooding. Lost some bridges and Unicoi county hospital is surrounded by water. Absolute freakin disaster. I hope everyone is doin ok as it travels towards central tn
TBH here it had been so dry as long as it didn't rain too hard there wasn't going to be too much runoff. Its mostly been just a constant slow rain here since Thursday evening. River wise I think by the time it works through the dam systems it shouldn't be too bad.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Yeah, I dunno. Would be fun to see as a fan but obviously the main goal is to win those (presumably) first 9 games so he'd have to be ready or real close since this isn't a rebuilding team. The (IMO) silly CHL rules suck again because Milwaukee seems like the place for him right now.
They don’t have to play him in the first 9 games though they can scratch him and keep him all season but once he plays a 10th game his contract counts towards free agency. But the best thing is play him sparingly for about five games until SS is healthy and return him to Jr.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
The guys I expected to play well tonight did so. Luke, Phil, Novak, March, Sissons, Fabbro, Saros

The guys I hoped would step up and show me something not so much. Pars, Kemell, Del Gaizo

One guy I haven't seen play that who was impressive was Ufko. Weisblatt also did some nice things.

I think Parssinen is a lost cause. While he looked good two seasons ago in a short stint, he's 23 and a former 7th-round pick and I haven't seen a lot of improvement. I'd expect him to shine and be seen in a game where we're playing a team with AHL/prospect talent.

Kemell has an amazing shot. He needs to work on his overall game to make it at the next level.

Del Gaizo made some really questionable plays with the puck. Not good to see at this stage of his development.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I haven't been thrilled with Parssinen but I think this is the 2nd game I've seen him in and I think both times he was paired up with AHL level talent. I've never seen him as a guy that could drive a line alone, so if he doesn't have much to work with he isn't going to do much. That said I didn't really see anything that would make me just jump up and down if they waived him or decided to have him in and out of the lineup.

I agree on Kemell, no doubt the guy can shoot, but feels like everything outside of that is weak.

I didn't know Ufko was even playing tonight until late in the game, never heard his name until then. That can be good or bad depending on what you are looking for out of a guy.

Weisblatt still needs some work, but he does have something there I think you can mold into a useful player eventually. Have a strange feeling his development with San Jose was not all that great. Got a strange feeling he spent several years playing with some pretty bad players.

Del Gaizo is a guy I never expected to be more than a 6 or that guy who can come off the bench and give you a game or two and not kill you ( and not waste a younger guys development ). One of his pluses in the NHL games he has gotten was that he at least seemed steady and made the right choices most of the time. Might end up being one of those guys who gets exposed the more he plays.

Edit: Tomasino and Fabbro's play last night probably made me more happy than anything. It was much more the style of play you want to see from them so maybe with all of the mess of the offseason those two finally buckled down and figured it out. We shall see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad