Nashville Looking for New Affiliate?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

No 5 Hole

Mar 8, 2020
Not saying this will happen next year but hearing that Nashville, while happy with their affiliation with Milwaukee, is looking to move their AHL affiliate closer to Nashville. They supposedly kicked the tires with Charlotte and are exploring Cincinnati and Atlanta.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Cincinnati would be interesting but their arena is old as dirt. Been around going back to the days of the WHA when the Stingers played there so I don't know if they would need to do a massive update of it or what. That said, geographically it makes a hell of a lot of sense for the Predators to put a team there. Charlotte and Atlanta don't really have big indoor hockey arenas anymore if memory serves me right. Phillips Arena got redone to where there would be obstructed views in the lower bowl since the Hawks are the only tenants and Time Warner Cable arena was purpose built for basketball. There is also the issue of the Charlotte Checkers.

No 5 Hole

Mar 8, 2020
Cincinnati would be interesting but their arena is old as dirt. Been around going back to the days of the WHA when the Stingers played there so I don't know if they would need to do a massive update of it or what. That said, geographically it makes a hell of a lot of sense for the Predators to put a team there. Charlotte and Atlanta don't really have big indoor hockey arenas anymore if memory serves me right. Phillips Arena got redone to where there would be obstructed views in the lower bowl since the Hawks are the only tenants and Time Warner Cable arena was purpose built for basketball. There is also the issue of the Charlotte Checkers.
Aren't there two arenas in Cincinnati? I thought there was a period where there were two minor league hockey teams playing there at the same time which made no sense.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Aren't there two arenas in Cincinnati? I thought there was a period where there were two minor league hockey teams playing there at the same time which made no sense.

I mean there was with the Cincinnati Gardens being the second arena to the Heritage Bank Center, but the Cincinnati Gardens was demolished not too long ago.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Is there a source on this? The Preds have been with the Admirals since 1998 and have always stated they are happy with that partnership. Plus the commute between MIL and NSH is not much different than the cities you mentioned and also it's about an hour from O'Hare in Chicago that has flights to anywhere that Milwaukee wouldn't.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
I haven't seen anything about Nashville being interested in another market. The organization is behind a new arena getting built in Clarksville, TN that they aren't even interested in putting their AHL team in. The Admirals have been the only AHL affiliate in the entire history of the Predators, and there is absolutely nothing to suggest a change to that in the future.

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I haven't seen anything about Nashville being interested in another market. The organization is behind a new arena getting built in Clarksville, TN that they aren't even interested in putting their AHL team in. The Admirals have been the only AHL affiliate in the entire history of the Predators, and there is absolutely nothing to suggest a change to that in the future.
Exhibit A: I refer you to the OP. Never underestimate the power of the HFB. Where there's smoke, we can collectively burn half of North America down to ground level. :madfire:

Reactions: Barclay Donaldson

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
and it almost killed hockey in Cincinnati permanently, it's a wonder the Cyclones have rebounded successfully from that 'invasion'

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Not saying this will happen next year but hearing that Nashville, while happy with their affiliation with Milwaukee, is looking to move their AHL affiliate closer to Nashville. They supposedly kicked the tires with Charlotte and are exploring Cincinnati and Atlanta.

Charlotte is barely closer to Nashville than Milwaukee and is on an island where travel costs would explode compared to where they are now.

Cincinnati isn’t in the AHL, would cost money to get them there and isn’t particularly close to any AHL teams either.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Charlotte is barely closer to Nashville than Milwaukee and is on an island where travel costs would explode compared to where they are now.

Cincinnati isn’t in the AHL, would cost money to get them there and isn’t particularly close to any AHL teams either.
Cincinnati also has the Cyclones.... so that's never happening again, no5, add to that Boston is in Atlanta, likely for the foresseable future in the same context

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006

And I have heard all the team in the AHL are gonna move to Stockton. Gotta have a franchise in order to be able to move it......'

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008

As long as David Poile is GM of the Preds, I'd have to think he would be instrumental in helping keep the affiliation with Milwaukee considering the previous success.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What were the two teams?
Anaheim, long before they ended up doing what they did to Norfolk, tbth.... that's why veteran posters when cities like Kansas City and Baltimore were being brought up.... Cincinnati had the Ducks, and the Cyclones in the same sport, same market.... that's why you'd never see one league territorially set up in another league's territory.... this is why the Cyclones disappeared for multiple years....

remember, Anaheim hasn't always been as straight-forward as some would lead to believe.....usually it's not a great plan when another affiliated team 'invades' a territory.... same thing happened with Toronto and why the Marlies now are there after the experimentation with Edmonton playing in the Leafs territory, never mind 2 arenas.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Where are you hearing it from, because it makes zero sense.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad