NHL Entry Draft: My 2 round mock

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I ran the lottery simulator and the winners were 1-Anaheim Ducks 2-Toronto Maple Leafs 3-Vancouver Canucks.

1-Anaheim Ducks-Auston Matthews
2-Toronto Maple Leafs-Patrik Laine
3-Vancouver Canucks-Jakob Chychrun
4-Columbus Blue Jackets-Jesse Puljujarvi
5-Edmonton Oilers-Matthew Tkachuk
6-Buffalo Sabres-Olli Juolevi
7-Calgary Flames-Pierre-Luc Dubois
8-Winnipeg Jets-Mikhail Sergachyov
9-Carolina Hurricanes-Alexander Nylander
10-Philadelphia Flyers-Julien Gauthier
11-Colorado Avalanche-Michael Mcleod
12-Tampa Bay Lightning-Clayton Keller
13-Pittsburgh Penguins-Dante Fabbro
14-Ottawa Senators-Tyson Jost
15-Boston Bruins(via San Jose)-Max Jones
16-Arizona Coyotes-Jake Bean
17-Nashville Predators-Tyler Benson
18-Detroit Red Wings-Kale Clague
19-New Jersey Devils-Alex DeBrincat
20-Boston Bruins-Logan Brown
21-Florida Panthers-Kieffer Bellows
22-Minnesota Wild-Libor Hajek
23-Arizona Coyotes(via NYR)-Carter Hart
24-New York Islanders-German Rubtsov
25-Montreal Canadiens-Sam Steel
26-Chicago Blackhawks-Charlie McAvoy
27-St. Louis Blues-Nathan Bastian
28-Carolina Hurricans(via LA)-Brett Howden
29-Washington Capitals-Chad Krys
30-Dallas Stars-Taylor Raddysh

31-Columbus Blue Jackets-Samuel Girard
32-Edmonton Oilers-Carl Grundstrom
33-Buffalo Sabres-Rasmus Asplund
34-Toronto Maple Leafs-Vitali Abramov
35-Calgary Flames-Luke Green
36-Winnipeg Jets-Luke Kunin
37-Pittsburgh Penguins(via Van via Ana)-Will Bitten
38-Vancouver Canucks-Dillon Dube
39-Carolina Hurricanes-Vladimir Kuznetsov
40-Philadelphia Flyers-Evan Fitzpatrick
41-Colorado Avalanche-Pascal Laberge
42-Tampa Bay Lightning-Marcus Niemelainen
43-Toronto Maple Leafs(via Pit)-Dmitri Sokolov
44-Ottawa Senators-Tage Thompson
45-San Jose Sharks-Riley Tufte
46-Arizona Coyotes-Logan Stanley
47-Nashville Predators-Otto Makinen
48-Detroit Red Wings-Vojtech Budik
49-New Jersey Devils-Noah Gregor
50-Tampa Bay Lightning(via Boston)-Lucas Johansen
51-Florida Panthers-Victor Mete
52-Montreal Canadiens(via Buf via Min)-Maxim Fortier
53-New York Rangers-Simon Stransky
54-Boston Bruins(via NYI)-Otto Somppi
55-Montreal Canadiens-Max Lajoie
56-Philadelphia Flyers(via Chicago)-Jordan Kyrou
57-St. Louis Blues-Zachary Sawchenko
58-Los Angeles Kings-Frederic Allard
59-Washington Capitals-Adam Mascherin
60-Dallas Stars-Sean Day

Let me know what you think or if I screwed up on who owns what pick

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
As a Sabres fan I would be very pleased with who they take in their spot. It would bum me out a little to miss out on the top wingers, specifically the Fins...but having done so grabbing a future partner for Risto instead sounds good to me. Second round pick seems right up Murrays alley too...smart player with some jump.

As a bonus being lotto'd from 3 all the way to 6 fits perfectly with the cursed history of Buffalo sports.

Last edited:

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
not a bad list at all. you put more effort into guessing 2 rounds than i ever could. however i still feel that the Leafs, if they were to pick at #2, they would take d-man Jacob Chychrun. he'd be too good to pass up.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
not a bad list at all. you put more effort into guessing 2 rounds than i ever could. however i still feel that the Leafs, if they were to pick at #2, they would take d-man Jacob Chychrun. he'd be too good to pass up.

cant go wrong with Chychrun but Leafs need that pure goal scorer and do need a forward in their future top 6 with size was my thinking.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

Personally, I think the Leafs would go with Laine. In terms of needs, I think a big, scoring winger to compliment Marner and Nylander is almost as big of a need as a top defender. But in terms of who the Leafs see as BPA, my guess is that Laine would be seen as more of a swing for the fences type of pick, that our current regime is seeking. But really, we have no idea how Hunter and company will see it, that's just my guess.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
With the Wings would rather have McAvoy and the 2nd take Day..think the Wings draft mostly defense this year

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Personally, I think the Leafs would go with Laine. In terms of needs, I think a big, scoring winger to compliment Marner and Nylander is almost as big of a need as a top defender. But in terms of who the Leafs see as BPA, my guess is that Laine would be seen as more of a swing for the fences type of pick, that our current regime is seeking. But really, we have no idea how Hunter and company will see it, that's just my guess.

i could see that happening. he's a great consolidation prize if the Leafs pick #2. :nod:

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
you have Pittsburg missing the playoffs this year and keeping their first round pick, in this case the Leafs retain the Penguins second round pick, which they own right now.

Last edited:

statman1956

Jan 10, 2016
I believe that the 2nd rd pick of Columbus has been awarded to Van for the signing of Tortarella.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
you have Pittsburg missing the playoffs this year and keeping their first round pick, in this case the Leafs retain the Penguins second round pick, which they own right now.

Was about to say the same. In your mock - Toronto would own Pittsburg's 2nd round pick; formally part of the Daniel Winnik deal and used as a condition in the Phil Kessel deal. If Pittsburg misses the playoffs, they keep their 1st and don't collect the 2nd round pick (their own) from Toronto.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Correct Toronto should have Pens 2nd

Columbus can pick 16/17/18 2nd to give to the Canucks and doubt they'd give up a very high 2nd this year

Edmonton can choose their 16 or 17 2nd for compensation and will likely wait until next year with another high 2nd this year looking probable.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
lol Ducks with Matthews so they can put Kesler with his 7mil contract on the 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad