Proposal: MTL - TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
TO MTL: Roni Hirvonen + 3rd Round Pick
TO TOR: Montreal 22' 2nd round pick

Personally, I don't see Hirvonen having a future with the leafs. We don't need anymore centers who are 5'9 and under.

I could see him being a fit on the habs though.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Personally, I don't see Hirvonen having a future with the leafs. We don't need anymore centers who are 5'9 and under.

LOL, why would a small unimpressive prospect forward be a fit for the Habs?

You would have to pay the Habs to take him off your hands! ;)

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
how could we possibly say no ? our late first rounder for your late third ? where do we sign ?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I would rather trade our Habs 2nd round pick for the Leafs 3rd round pick. Probably a more realistic trade.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
LOL, why would a small unimpressive prospect forward be a fit for the Habs?

You would have to pay the Habs to take him off your hands! ;)

The habs have an affinity for undersized players (see Caufield, Drouin, Mete, etc).

Also, he has some value, you are not the GM of the habs, I think the habs GM would entertain this offer.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The habs have an affinity for undersized players (see Caufield, Drouin, Mete, etc).

Also, he has some value, you are not the GM of the habs, I think the habs GM would entertain this offer.
Leafs have an affinity for choking. Perhaps the Habs could interest you in Samuel Montembault (for Hirvonen) to support your first round exit?

Reactions: Prairie Habs

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The Leafs drafted Hirvonen.... presumably because their staff likes him.

Why are they trying to "push the reset button" on him?

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
The Leafs drafted Hirvonen.... presumably because their staff likes him.

Why are they trying to "push the reset button" on him?

We're going a different direction, I'm a leafs fan, so I would be more knowledgeable than you regarding this topic.

The leafs lack high draft picks.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
How thoughtful of Toronto to try and dump their leftovers on us for our high pick. I think we'll pass though...

Reactions: Gravity

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

You “might” see him as a fit, but you’d be 100% wrong. Hughes doesn’t return your call

Last edited:
Reactions: Prairie Habs

gach

Aug 2, 2018

If Montreal wants a small center they can draft one with their second pick instead of making this trade

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

He’s not the GM of the Habs and you’re certainly no GM so I’ll think we’ll just forget this forgettable offer

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
We're going a different direction, I'm a leafs fan, so I would be more knowledgeable than you regarding this topic.

The leafs lack high draft picks.

As am I... do you have some inside information that says the Leafs brass have "soured" on Hirvonen?

Yes, the Leafs "lack" high draft picks... but trading prospects for draft picks is the definition of spinning your wheels.

The Leafs know more about Hirvonen than any other team; and every team knows that. There is no "arbitrage" opportunity here.

Reactions: banks

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Drouin is 6’’0 200+ lbs. how is that undersized?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
First of all, no, just on principle because it’s the Leafs. Second, I didn’t even know “Roni Hirvonen” existed until this thread, and I’m not going to even bother looking him up. You could have made him up and I wouldn’t know. So again, no.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The player at 35ish is probably going to be a better prospect then Hirvonen... no thanks

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Someone please ban the OP from making leaf related threads. All he does is make threads to trade our top prospects for picks. Wtf are these threads ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad