Proposal: MTL-NYR - Lafreniere for #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
First, if you proposed this to the Canadiens, they would say yes. Montreal has an abundance of 1st round picks and could grad a potential 1C with in the next two years. Even if they wanted to take Slafkovsky 1st, Lafreniere is the better prospect and has more potential.

The Habs answer would be a huge f*** NO

1- We need a center to play in front/behind Suzuki
2- Lafrenière is a huge question mark

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Montreal <-- Lafreniere, Nemeth

New York <-- #26, #33, Anderson, Evans, Romanov, Allen (50% ret.)

Habs get the local kid

Rangers land a speedy 2nd line PF, a versatile bottom 6 forward signed long term to a team-friendly deal in Evans, a young top 4 Dman in Romanov, a veteran goaltender on an expiring contract in Allen at half his cap hit, as well as a couple of late 1st rd picks in this year's draft. Plus, they dump the final 2 years of Nemeth's contract

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
More like

Rangers will need to sign him to a new contract next year, and need the space. They get a do over on a C prospect for someone who's shown nothig at the NHL level.

Yah unless Laf comes in with Schneider, Rangers can F-Off
19 goals this year is nothing? Why does Montreal fans think Anderson and his 30 odd points are worth so much but a 20 year old with upside who has around the same points is a nothing player?

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Montreal <-- Lafreniere, Nemeth

New York <-- #26, #33, Anderson, Evans, Romanov, Allen (50% ret.)

Habs get the local kid

Rangers land a speedy 2nd line PF, a versatile bottom 6 forward signed long term to a team-friendly deal in Evans, a young top 4 Dman in Romanov, a veteran goaltender on an expiring contract in Allen at half his cap hit, as well as a couple of late 1st rd picks in this year's draft. Plus, they dump the final 2 years of Nemeth's contract
Luckily we arent playing NHL 22. This is f***ing terrible.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
keep Laf, we dont want your BUST and it sure seems YOU DONT WANT YOUR BUST. What? cant wait to get ride of him do you.

Don't like either teams but it's funny how Montreal fans are so up in arms about the offer. Yet every Montreal fan is trying to pedal Anderson for the 5th or 7th overall pick. LOL...now that's funny shit.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Laughreniere

I think you have a lot more faith in the #1 this year than I do, if you’re unhappy with Lafreniere’s first two years… What Lad showed is that he will be a productive top liner and top six for a long time, based on his work ethic, IQ , and skill set.
So you're saying we can take our chances that Wright may be the worst 1oa since yakupov, or we can actually have the worst 1oa since yakupov?

• Haha

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
19 goals this year is nothing? Why does Montreal fans think Anderson and his 30 odd points are worth so much but a 20 year old with upside who has around the same points is a nothing player?
Cause Anderson provides great defensive play, speed and physicality when he isn't producing offensively

Laf offers nothing

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
DeBrincat went for the 7th. I think Laf's value is closer to the 26th based on that.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
before this gets shut down, I am too busy to elaborate but main pt is:

_ LaF HAS shown ALL of what was expected of him EXCEPT as to skating; this alone not up to NHL top levels UNTIL last part of the season HE IS JUST BEGINNING to skate sufficiently well.
That was sufficient enuf to hold back his game, but dat wuz den an dis is now.
If he does not regress --- and there is no reason to think that, quite the contrary, there is every basis to believe he will continue to work hard on his skating and improve it further to point of optimization --- an even better version of LaF will be top 6 NYR next year.

We saw he was fine w/Chytil + Kakko.

Conclusion: there is zero reason for Rangers to trade LaF at present time. ZERO. His value will only likely go up, and if NY were to trade to get profit, it would make more sense to do so then later, not now. MON or any other suitor would likely have to overpay. There are exceptions to every rule, but that is the rule at this pt.

If MON gets PLD early, I could see big package w/LaF + Bread to MON.
And it won't' be cheap.
But nothing now.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
rangers fans are bragging about a 37 point pace (over 82 games) in the playoffs….i know he looked pretty good but cmon. As underwhelming as Wright seems I think I’ll take my chances lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbieb7

broc

Dec 20, 2010
There is no way Laf is worth #1 overall now. He’s a winger, his skating leaves a lot to be desired, and he has underachieved thus far.

maybe that changes in the future, but not anytime soon

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad