Claimed off Waivers: [MTL] Kale Clague claimed off waivers by the Canadiens from the Kings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Officially done with Blake, whole LA organization needs to burn down the offices and start over. They have repeatedly prioritized Maatta > Wolanin > Clague despite CLEAR evidence to the contrary.

Congrats MTL, you're getting a better-than-advertised two way guy who can really skate and move the puck well. Weaker than average in his own zone, but not a liability, especially with a good partner (away from Maatta this year he was over 50% CF% and GF%, not a small feat on the Kings who have been trying to sabotage him at every turn). When he builds some confidence he's an absolute force. Wouldn't be surprised to see him a long term mainstay #3-4 guy. Hope he's putting up 40 and making us look stupid for years. Rises to challenges--last year when Roy and Walker went down he jumped in as the key #3 guy on the 2nd pairing (behind Doughty-Anderson) and absolutely ripped it up despite having Kurtis f***ing MacDermid as a partner.

Put him in a position to rise to a challenge and succeed and we'll see a thread later this year mocking LA for this horrendous asset management. But hey, at least Olli Maatta will still be feeding the opposition passes. f*** this dumb ass organization.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why was he waived?

Because those in charge have had some weird ass grudge against him for years, if you believe the smoke it's because he grumbled the first time he went down and ever since he was only called up when they absolutely HAD to even though he's performed head and shoulders above expectations every time.

In other words, utter incompetence at best, utter incompetence AND giant stupid egos at worst, and Blake and co need to be gone before they do more serious damage.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Don’t know much about him but looking at his stats and age makes me a little confused but I’ll take it!

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He has 5 assists in 11 games.

Had 6 assists in 18 games I think.

So odd.

Is he able to get his shot through?

Yep, probably the reason he doesn' thave more goals is he doesn't have a boomer, but he's great at getting quick wristers from the point through traffic either on goal or strategically 'near' goal (ie hitting sticks, backboards)

But our org favors defensemen who blast slapshots into shinguards repeatedly so can't find room for efficiency

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad