Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Alex Barre-Boulet signs with the Canadiens (1 year, $775k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I'm not too familiar with the Rockets roster, but they finished last in their division last year. Not a great environment for developing the future of a rebuilding team.

ABB is a beast at the AHL level, my bet is he's gonna help the team from the AHL.
Yeah.. I'm speculating, but from Hughes' comments the other day, i think there may have been a disconnect in Laval about that. I suspect Houle wanted certain players to stay for the playoff push and the big team just pulled them anyways. My suspicion comes from hughes answering a question about the development being more important than victories in Laval, as a followup to a question about which type of coach to expect in laval.

That being said, laval seemed good until the injuries started taking their toll on both the habs and laval. ABB will be a beast for sure, but i think he has a better chance of making the lineup in the big leagues than where he was before. Ill take him over an Armia, ylonen, etc. anyday.

Reactions: abo9

Gaud

May 11, 2017
LOL

Let's make the contingent of Quebecer pushing fans happy.
I think there is value to the marketing team of any team to have homegrown talent. I think it's compounded here by having a whole province full of people who see their identity as separate or different from other Canadians'. For some, you may as well refer to Quebec as a nation, and the habs as "team Quebec" - the success of their team is part of their identity.

Philosophy aside, I think there may be some players that play harder if they do it in front of their families/countrymen (etc), but the impact of a fringe NHLer is still negligible. I wish we had bigger quebecois stars with the habs, because that will inspire a generation or two of Québecois. Patrick Roy alone inspired generations of goaltenders, and for what.. 2 decades, some of the best goalies were from there.

There are issues in the hockey system here; i think there needs to be a revamp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad