Proposal: Mtl / Det proposal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

teemussalami

Mar 10, 2016
I dont think there is a counter. They won't trade Ned and Petry doesn't help them at all.

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Detroit declines easily. Nedeljkovic is there goalie. Allen is on a decline, Petry is way overpaid and both are on the otherside of 30.

Reactions: McJedi

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Mtl:
Petry - Allen - 3rd (2022)

Detroit
Nedeljkovic - 2nd (2022)

Detroit brings a hometown boy back.
Montreal gets a #2 goalie (low potential to be #1 )

Counter?
Easy pass from the Habs.
We don't need Nedeljkovic
We probably can get a 1st for Petry alone.

Reactions: CAUFIELD

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Detroit passes a 34 year old Jeff Petry doesn't fit our rebuild timeline, I'm not even sure he'd waive to come home to Detroit. And no thanks on Alex Nedeljkovic he's our future Netminder along with Sebastian Cossa. And FYI I got news for you Nedeljkovic on his next contract in 2 years will probably command in the $5,000,000 to $5,500,000 range for 4-5 years you can't afford that on top of the $10,500,000 Carey Price is already making. Neither Petry nor Allen fit our timeline where Nedeljkovic does. This absolutely does nothing for us. This makes us worse not better.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Petry alone is worth more than the entire package, and you want us to throw in Allen and the pick?

Yeah, we're good, thank you

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
DRW say no
MTL says bleep no

Detroit has a really nice rebuild going. Why add a 34 year d man when they are not ready this year.
Montreal in theory can get a 1+ for Petry if willing to take back salary. Ned is a 1a g not a 1.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Mtl:

Detroit
Nedeljkovic - 2nd (2022)

Counter?

Why would we trade Ned? A top cost controlled goalie for literal garbage we dont need?

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Mtl:

Detroit
Nedeljkovic - 2nd (2022)

Counter?

Declined, no counter. Ned is a 1A and fits our core, while Petry is 10 years older than our core and signed until he's what, 37/38?

Last edited:

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
No thanks from Detroit.

Can't see the team taking on Petry's cap hit for that many years.

And Ned is Detroit's #1 goalie.

Reactions: belair

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Mtl:

Detroit
Nedeljkovic - 2nd (2022)

Counter?
montreal's answer is no.
Primeau is the future and there are other goalie prospects in the system.
Petry and Allen can be traded for much better returns - especially petry

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
oh yes please keep making one sides trades to help your team.
please, yes more.
What would we rather have A goalie we don't need or a 1se rd pick in which we could get for Petry. Easy the pick
I guess we have a different definition of what help is.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think folks agree, but dont realize it.

Habs dont do it:
  • Low return for Petry. Dont know what is happening in his case (wrong chair, stress, injury? , family life) but he is having a horrid season. Strong skating, solid shot, somewhat physical (was solid defensively?). Still, i expect a better return than Chiarot, who experts seem to think is going to get a 1st. I think he goes to a team going for a stanley cup run that needs a good top 4 D and already has someone filling in the #1 D role.
  • Low return Allen is probably the best #2 goalie in the league, and accepts this role. I expect he can fetch a 2nd or more.
Detroit doesnt do it:
  • Ned is their future prospect #1G
  • Petry doesn't fit a rebuild because of his age and doesnt have the type of leadership you would expect from veterans you put in your aligmnment to support your youth
  • Allen may fit in a team that needs a veteran to support a young goaltender. Not sure if Greiss fits this role already though. If a trade for allen were to happen, it would probably include Greiss

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Mtl:

Detroit
Nedeljkovic - 2nd (2022)

Counter?
Why would Detroit pay assets to acquire Petrys bad contract as a non playoff bound team? This is Terrible for Detroit.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
This makes no sense from either side, but especially the Habs.

Why does Montreal need Nedeljkovic? They're trying to tank this year and they still have Carey Price under contract for several more years.

I find it so funny how short people's memories are on here. Sure, Petry has had an awful season this year on a very poor team, but no one seems to remember his playoff run or regular season just last year (not even mentioning he's been Montreal's best D for years and received Norris consideration). Like it or not, his previous play still holds value, the notion that he's a cap dump after 30 poor games on a bad team is very short-sighted.

It also seems extremely disingenuous that good player's on previously bad teams (like Detriot) had the excuse that they would be better on a good team, but Petry doesn't get that same leniency.

Nedeljkovic isn't going anywhere, and it's not a good deal from a Montreal perspective either. There's no counter, it just doesn't make sense IMO.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Ned has low potential to be a number 1 goalie? Hes got the 6th highest save percentage this year and last year combined, hes a legit number one already with potential to get better.

Reactions: Oddbob

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Because Petry has been fabulous last 6 years, not sure that Montreal would lose him based on the fact that he's horrible this year. He brings so much for this club when they play to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad