Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] D Kaiden Guhle signs extension with the Canadiens (6 years, $5.55M AAV; begins 2025-26)

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Last edited:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
personally I think I wouldve gone with a bridge because of injury concerns, but could pay off tremendously if healthy. Hes an all around solid top 4 Dman, and should only get better as the team does.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
A lot to really like about Guhle and this contract. It does walk him straight into free agency but the trade-off is you get a very nice AAV in the meantime.

Reactions: Fatass

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
5.55 is a great cap hit for 6 years
He might not have a ton of offense but he's a good 2way Dman with leadership qualities.

Reactions: Imgoingtowork

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Good for Guhle on this deal imo - takes him right to FA at the cost of a bit lower AAV. May not be worth the contract today but in a couple years when he's in his prime he should be a solid top 4 guy.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
personally I think I wouldve gone with a bridge because of injury concerns, but could pay off tremendously if healthy. Hes an all around solid top 4 Dman, and should only get better as the team does.
Bridge deals backfire on teams more often than long term extensions for their young core players coming off of ELCs do. This should be another in a long line of these type of contracts that age well especially with the expected big cap rise. Smart GMs get out ahead of this and lock their key players up early.

Ad

Ad

Ad