Proposal: MTL & CHI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ronald Bourgogne

Jun 15, 2016
Jake Allen ($2.9M) and Paul Byron ($3.4M) for M-A Fleury ($7M) and 2023 2nd draft pick.

Allen is the better goalie, with a good contract, but I think Fleury could help turn things around. He could also be signed for less next year as the back-up.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Jake Allen ($2.9M) and Paul Byron ($3.4M) for M-A Fleury ($7M) and 2023 2nd draft pick.

Allen is the better goalie, with a good contract, but I think Fleury could help turn things around. He could also be signed for less next year as the back-up.
I don't see Chicago wanting to extend the cap hit into next season for both Byron and Allen. By the time the contract extensions for Jones and Murphy kick in MAF will be off the books. Allen doesn't improve Chicago, they give up a pick and they spend an additional $6.5 million in actual dollars.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I don't see why Chicago would even entertain this offer.

Fleury comes off the books after this season.
At best the Hawks turn things around and make a playoff push with Fleury/Lankinen as 1a/1b.
At worst Fleury will be a deadline rental for a contender and the Hawks will pick up a later round pick for free.

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago

Why not just keep the better goalie on the better contract then? This comment makes absolutely no sense considering you proposition.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Not sure why Chicago is giving the 2nd, if anything it should be coming from the habs IMO.

Ronald Bourgogne

Jun 15, 2016
Why not just keep the better goalie on the better contract then? This comment makes absolutely no sense considering you proposition.
Because we won't make the playoffs with Allen for sure, even if Price returns. Fleury is a gamble but he might give us a chance.

JayKnowsHockey

Nov 27, 2017
Allen is the better goalie, with a good contract, but I think Fleury could help turn things around. He could also be signed for less next year as the back-up

Since When??

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Montreal reject this trade.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Byron is DOA. Anything you get from him is a gift.
So you are making Allen a 6.3 goalie for 2 years or MAF 7 million for 1.

You have the 2 going in the wrong direction.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Habs definitely do it. If Fleury turns it around, Habs flip him for another 2nd at deadline

Gaud

May 11, 2017

Sorry guy, this makes no sense to me. If Allen is the better goalie (which i dont think he is) and we have a goalie issue, we should keep allen. Not to mention that spending 17M on a goalie tandem of #1s is insane. If Price were to leave, you bet id love to see Fleury in mtl, but this is a hard pass.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Imagine giving away a 2nd for no reason...in a draft where you don't even have a 1st...when you're rebuilding
Might want to do some research before you post. It says a 2nd in 2023 and Chicago does indeed have a 1st in 2023. It's next year, 2022, that they don't have a first. This only changes, the years switched, if Chicago wins one of the draft lotteries.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Fleury hasn't been good here so far, but he has gotten zero help.

If the recent Vezina winner looks like a backup behind the Hawks, I can only imagine what Jake Allen would look like. ECHLer possibly?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Allen is not a better goalie than MAF. That’s ridiculous.

Montreal isn’t trading for a high cap hit goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad