Proposal: Mtl - Ari

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Montreal Trades:

(RW) Sven Andrighetto

Arizona Trades :

(LW) Tobias Reider

Two very similar players that fill NHL needs for the coming season for their new teams. 3rd and 4th round picks. Both 23. 5'10 and 5'11. Similar point totals per game last season.

In Montreal, the additions of Shaw and Radulov have further pushed Andrighetto down the depth chart on the right side. Lineups have Andrightetto slotting in off position as 2nd line LW, to third line RW, to 13th forward. In Arizona he could fit into a possible 2nd line, Signed for 600kish for the coming season.

McGinn - Domi - Andrighetto ?

Reider would come in and provide some NHL experience to the left side, albeit at more money than Andrighetto. Would likely be the favourite to win the 2nd line LW role, but could likely be a solid 3rd liner if he loses out to Carr or Lehkonen.

Reider - Plekanec - Radulov

Thoughts?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Montreal adds here, but if the reality is that Rieder is not signed strictly because of money, I don't see how Montreal can fit Rieder under their cap.

(A well thought put deal anyway :))

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
What's the point of trading like for like? They're both small, fast, left shots. They're the same age. I think Rieder is better but that's not worth arguing. If he's being squeezed out on the right, MTL coach should tell him to play left. Problem solved.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I'm unfamiliar with Andrighettoo. Could Habs fan give a scouting report on him? Good possession player? How many points a year do you think he'll get when he finishes developing?

I am interested in a trade where Rieder is moved for a RW. The Coyotes have a surplus of LW, and not many RWs.

Also the line he'd hopefully would end up on would be the second line of,

McGinn-Strome-Andrighetto

Domi is LW on the top line with Hanzal

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I'm unfamiliar with Andrighettoo. Could Habs fan give a scouting report on him? Good possession player? How many points a year do you think he'll get when he finishes developing?

I am interested in a trade where Rieder is moved for a RW. The Coyotes have a surplus of LW, and not many RWs.

Also the line he'd hopefully would end up on would be the second line of,

McGinn-Strome-Andrighetto

Domi is LW on the top line with Hanzal

High end skill. put up great numbers in the AHL. Very good a protecting the puck for his size. Good skater and back checks, but don't expect selke nominations out of him. Probably has 55 point upside, but I think 2nd line production (40 to 45)is a more reasonable expectation.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
What's the point of trading like for like? They're both small, fast, left shots. They're the same age. I think Rieder is better but that's not worth arguing. If he's being squeezed out on the right, MTL coach should tell him to play left. Problem solved.

He's going to have a chance to play the left as we currently sit. It'll be 2nd line LW or more likely 3rd line RW. His biggest hurtle in Montreal is that he's significantly better on the right side than the left (imo). Right now it's probably Andrew Shaw who has the best chance at winning the 2nd line LW spot, but how he responds to playing his off wing remains to be seen. Getting a natural LW with NHL experience and top 6 upside makes Montreal a much better team right now. Which allows Shaw to play the 3rd line RW spot where he probably should be.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Ghetto has high offensive upside but little defensive upside to speak of. Habs can only do this deal if DD is bought out or moved. Only reason I would move Ghetto is because Gally already takes up a spot as small forward in our top 6. Shaw being a manlet as well will probably see top 6 time as well. Even if all of these guys play bigger than their size, they'll get pushed around by bigger teams if there's too many of them. I also think Hudon/Lehkonen project better as third liners, while Ghetto will more likely thrive in the top 6.

Anyway Rieder is a bit more proven and better defensively so Habs probably have to add.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
He's going to have a chance to play the left as we currently sit. It'll be 2nd line LW or more likely 3rd line RW. His biggest hurtle in Montreal is that he's significantly better on the right side than the left (imo). Right now it's probably Andrew Shaw who has the best chance at winning the 2nd line LW spot, but how he responds to playing his off wing remains to be seen. Getting a natural LW with NHL experience and top 6 upside makes Montreal a much better team right now. Which allows Shaw to play the 3rd line RW spot where he probably should be.
Sure, that's all fine.

What's in it for Arizona? Trading a better player who costs more for a worse player who costs less seems like the easiest thing in the world to do.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The last thing the Coyotes need is another left-handed top-9 winger.

If Rieder decides to go play the season in the KHL, I'd just as soon let Perlini get a look. I'm sure Rieder will end up signing though.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
I'm a huge fan of Reider. I've wanted him in Montreal for ages.

I'm also a big fan of Andrighetto, I've tracked him since his junior days.

Worst case scenario he'll be a 10-15 goal 3rd liner, best case IMO is he hits 20 and becomes a top 6 forward.

Reider is better IMO though & Montreal adds.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Remember when the Habs sent us Tinordi after he failed a drug test?

So I gotta ask - what's going on with Andrighetto?

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Ghetto has high offensive upside but little defensive upside to speak of......
Anyway Rieder is a bit more proven and better defensively so Habs probably have to add.

I'd prefer to keep Rieder then. His defensive upside is what I like about him. But if this trade did happen due to Rieder and the Coyotes being unable to come to a deal, I wouldn't be mad. Ghetto sounds like a good player, and he's RW so that would be a big plus.

In mid September I'd be perfectly fine with a Rieder for Ghetto + a third

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
If the Yotes owners are telling the truth, they've got something like $10M left in the budget for this season's roster, and really only Rieder left to sign. This trade would put that number around $12 or $13M.

Yotes are actively looking to add salary in the form of a top pairing RHD partner for OEL. If Rieder++ can get them that piece, I'm sure they'd listen. But that RHD needs to be young, under long term control, and clearly better than Murphy now and in the future. Not an easy trade target.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Remember when the Habs sent us Tinordi after he failed a drug test?

So I gotta ask - what's going on with Andrighetto?

Ha, nothing that I know of. He's a casualty of adding two RW'ers over the offseason and we have a need for a middle 6 LW.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
The proposal isn't good for the Habs in the sense that Andrighetto has a very low cap hit and Rieder would ask too much for them. Habs would consider a big cap hit if the player was well worth it. Then Habs would have to proceed to another trade in order to make things work. While Rieder is an upgrade over Andrighetto, he does not upgrade the top 6, so not worth the trouble and the possible losing trade they would have to make afterward.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Don't see the motivation for Arizona to do this. Mike McCarron is somebody that we might discuss.

Not for a guy who's ready to bolt to the K.

Under contract he's worth more than Ghetto. If the habs were interested, they should talk to his agent. Then talk to the yotes about a deal if his salary makes sense for their salary structure.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
They are the same age and Rieder is the better player. No point in downgrading. Rieder is just playing hard ball because we are a budget team probably low balling him. I'm pretty sure he can play rw too so being stacked at lw shouldn't be a problem.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Keep dreaming he will never be as good as Hossa and his defense will never be half as good as Hossa is.

Pretty sure he was sarcastic, if no i dont know what to say they are not even close comparison in style. I honestly dont see anything special in ghetto but thats me... i think hudon is a far superior player

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Pretty sure he was sarcastic, if no i dont know what to say they are not even close comparison in style. I honestly dont see anything special in ghetto but thats me... i think hudon is a far superior player

Far superior?? Not that much.

I would say Hudon is more well rounded. He is a lock for the middle 6 in the near future.

But offensively, i don't think Hudon is better.

I guess we will see what they can do this next season. For now, except for a surprise persormance by Lehkonen, i see Ghetto on the 2nd line (LW) and Hudon on the 3rd. What we lack is a true top 6 winger. I just hope we can find one in Lehkonen, Scherbak, Gheto, Reway. Those are pretty talented prospects that need to take the next level.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. Andrighetto has the tools needed to be a top 6 NHL player. Elite shot, great speed.

Hudon gets by because he's ridiculously intelligent. But he's got below average speed, especially for a small forward. But he's got a decent frame. Hudon will have a hard time being more than a bottom six forward in the NHL. I do hope I'm wrong.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. Andrighetto has the tools needed to be a top 6 NHL player. Elite shot, great speed.

Hudon gets by because he's ridiculously intelligent. But he's got below average speed, especially for a small forward. But he's got a decent frame. Hudon will have a hard time being more than a bottom six forward in the NHL. I do hope I'm wrong.

We're not talking about top-6, we're talking about 1000+ pts and 1 goal from 500 with good defensive abilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad