(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I also think he should have gotten more than this fine but the difference there is Xhekaj didn't drive his face with all his body weight into the ice breaking his neck.

Both X and Pare are lucky that Pare didn't lose his footing and fall forward, then you could have a repeat with all of X's unsupported weight bear down. Both guys, the game and fans are lucky there wasn't a bad slip.

Not disputing that Pare had to answer for whatever happened with Laine from a hockey code perspective but nobody would be happy if this had escalated into life altering injuries. That's beyond a lengthy knee rehab which is bad enough.

jackp0t

Jun 7, 2009
Bullshit. Punches to the back of the head to a player that's not expecting it and isn't willing to engage is different than intentionally sticking out ones knee, slashing someone's wrist, spitting on someone, or anything not targeting the head that's suspension worry. The first two can lead to broken bones and weeks/months of recovery time. A bad blow to the head can be life-altering. Which is why gutless punches like this, elbows, crosschecks, and slashes to the head should be punished more severely than other incidents.

Not expecting it ? You have retaliation on a solid legal hit most of the time. 100% sure it was going to happen, could of been from a Condotta or Mailloux, someone trying to prove a point to the organization.

Its a dirty move, but let's not act like he wasnt expecting it.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
"Give me evidence"

"This evidence is not good enough!"

The fact is, Xhekaj went after Reaves, and never the other way around. But keep believing the whole league is afraid of your skating liability.

I’m just glad you climb rocks and not a member of our justice system.
When insufficient evidence is presented.

Pushing someone down isn’t a fight.

I’m not triggered and have zero dog in the fight, whereas you have been proven wrong several times in thread already.

Where have I been proven wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
not saying they are out to get them but at times it feels that way, guys on their first offense getting 6 games. like Spezza. prob just fandom but at times it really does feel like others get less for the same thing

NHL DoPS punishes on some kind of Public Outcry x Physical Harm x Arbitrary Multiplier so that's why Toronto seems to get severe punishment from Parros. You get hit on the media exposure and a little sweetener on the vendetta side.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Not expecting it ? You have retaliation on a solid legal hit most of the time. 100% sure it was going to happen, could of been from a Condotta or Mailloux, someone trying to prove a point to the organization.

Its a dirty move, but let's not act like he wasnt expecting it.

Well then I guess the NHL is wrong for saying that Ridley Greig wasn't expecting Rielly to attack him after he baited him with a slap shot into an empty net. Take it up with them, I'm going by their standards.

Reactions: LeafsNet

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
I thought he would get a game. Diffuses the season opener. Not surprised at all that they only gave him a fine. Don’t agree, but not surprised.

FYI This is nothing like the Steve Moore hit. However, still quite dangerous. I mean, you’re not even allowed to punch a guy in the back of the head in the ufc.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
952ndd.jpg

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
I thought he would get a game. Diffuses the season opener. Not surprised at all that they only gave him a fine. Don’t agree, but not surprised.

FYI This is nothing like the Steve Moore hit. However, still quite dangerous. I mean, you’re not even allowed to punch a guy in the back of the head in the ufc.

Question: Will the game be in NHL on TNT? If it’s being broadcast to an American audience, then that probably played a factor in this. When NHL ratings are trailing MLS, you know you’re in trouble.

Then stop whining, you’re just as bad, can give you a pass being brand new here though, or new to the game.

Xhekaj is not concerned either

Thanks dad!

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Pretty lame.
The knee was stupid but obviously zero intent to injure. This tiny punishment for wifi only supports reckless and intentionally career threatening violence. One game suspension could at least offered some actual deterrent.

Reactions: LeafsNet

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Obviously unhinged response by Xhekaj but I also do not think scrubs injuring potential star players in preseason should just be ignored. Should have given Pare 5 and a game for a bad hit and ended it right there.

I agree with that, he had a target on his head. Ref was better off tossing him.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad