(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
The Department of Player Safety could have suspended Xhekaj for one game and staved off a circus for the season opener, dialed down the temperature, etc.

But instead, it has done a nice job of setting up a Wrestlemania to Summer Slam for the opener and if anyone gets hurt on either side with splashy bad publicity to boot, you can thank George Parros.
Yup

Over under how many fights happen and more injuries? Either that or it will be boring game lol

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Then why has he never fought him?

Pare never intended it, X guy did. Intention matters.
If I follow your logic, why Reaves never fought him after their first match? Is he scared? Xhekaj don't give a shit about overrated Reaves who was a major spotpicker when real heavyweight where still around.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yeah so gonna go ahead and say your job and the realities of the NHL are very different, continue to be obtuse and pretend that $3k for a NHL player is any kind of deterrent. Again, you’re arguing semantics. This is a stupid exchange with you taking more of the fault for that.
3k is not a deterrent, but if that’s all the PA and NHL can agree on, what can you do, the PA doesn’t want high fines, the NHL would take higher fines.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You should always be unsuspecting of a sucker punch. Chasing an opposing player around the ice for the intent of retribution and acting on that desire needs to be punished harshly. The outcome and when during play it happened should be irrelevant. Incidents like Bertuzzi and McSorely are stain on the game of hockey and there should be a stronger deterrent.

Xhekaj could have handled the retaliation a lot better. Set the terms at the face off, square up to the guy, drop the gloves and pummel him whether he's enthusiastic or not, it's over.

Now we will have an extra layer of buffoonery, bad blood carry over and guys on both sides, could be hurt when the regular season starts.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I know it's been like 20 years so my memory might be a bit fuzzy, I'm 99% sure Moore already fought someone that game. Why should he fight twice?

Anyhow, punches to the back of the head should be an automatic suspension.
In hindsight, not to get sucker punched :laugh:

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
If I follow your logic, why Reaves never fought him after their first match? Is he scared? Xhekaj don't give a shit about overrated Reaves who was a major spotpicker when real heavyweight where still around.

Because the Leafs aren’t the ones unhinged all the time when they play Montreal. Look at this thread. Y’all be tweekin.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He hit a player multiple times in the back of the head. Not including the outcome to Steeve Moore, what is the major difference between this and what Todd Bertuzzi did??

The league is setting a horrific precedent, but it's not surprising given the incompetence DoPS has displayed
I also think he should have gotten more than this fine but the difference there is Xhekaj didn't drive his face with all his body weight into the ice breaking his neck.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Live feed of Brad Marchand realizing knee hits are back on the menu:

images

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
No one will convince me Xhekaj is scared of Ryan Reaves after seeing that fight video. I might have to tune in to that game on the 9th!

Reactions: dukeofjive

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
This is just the initial punishnent. He likely still has a hearing to déterminé suspension
Uhm. No. The fine is the suplimental punishment (in addition to the 27 minutes of in game penalties). Thats it. Book is closed on this incident

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Should have been 2 games IMO. Grabbed an unwilling player and beat him. Not sure it is worse that he left his gloves on.

The guy knew it was coming and had been pulled back a few times before the fight happened, he chose to eat the punches instead of answering the bell.

That being said, well deserved fine.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bullshit. Punches to the back of the head to a player that's not expecting it and isn't willing to engage is different than intentionally sticking out ones knee, slashing someone's wrist, spitting on someone, or anything not targeting the head that's suspension worry. The first two can lead to broken bones and weeks/months of recovery time. A bad blow to the head can be life-altering. Which is why gutless punches like this, elbows, crosschecks, and slashes to the head should be punished more severely than other incidents.

Ok, here’s an infraction to an unsuspecting player that led to a head injury and him leaving the game:

How many games?

Falling backwards and making contact with the ice at the neck/head area COULD have led to paralysis so we should suspend him accordingly no?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad