(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Virtually every infraction in hockey could lead to a severe injury under certain circumstances.

Bullshit. Punches to the back of the head to a player that's not expecting it and isn't willing to engage is different than intentionally sticking out ones knee, slashing someone's wrist, spitting on someone, or anything not targeting the head that's suspension worry. The first two can lead to broken bones and weeks/months of recovery time. A bad blow to the head can be life-altering. Which is why gutless punches like this, elbows, crosschecks, and slashes to the head should be punished more severely than other incidents.

Reactions: LeafsNet

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
it is meaningless in the larger picture, missing games is the only thing people and players care about. Can't believe this has to be explained.

It’s just funny because I sit on a number of disciplinary committees and fines are often the most common form of discipline employed.

Can’t believe you are unaware of this.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It’s just funny because I sit on a number of disciplinary committees and fines are often the most common form of discipline employed.

Can’t believe you are unaware of this.

Yeah so gonna go ahead and say your job and the realities of the NHL are very different, continue to be obtuse and pretend that $3k for a NHL player is any kind of deterrent. Again, you’re arguing semantics. This is a stupid exchange with you taking more of the fault for that.

Reactions: LeafsNet

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
The Leafs won’t bite and the game has changed.

But I can see something similar to 2013 happening again, where Montreal was unhinged and playing at home against Toronto.

Leafs went up 5-0 and then all hell broke loose McClaren and Orr pretty much took out the entire Habs line. :D

Man that team was glorious to watch. Colton Orr, Frazer McLaren, Mike Brown, Mark Fraser, Nazem Kadri.

Poor Josh Gorges.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
When play is active, you will never be as unsuspecting as when the play has been blown dead.

Sorry.

You should always be unsuspecting of a sucker punch. Chasing an opposing player around the ice for the intent of retribution and acting on that desire needs to be punished harshly. The outcome and when during play it happened should be irrelevant. Incidents like Bertuzzi and McSorely are stain on the game of hockey and there should be a stronger deterrent.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Department of Player Safety could have suspended Xhekaj for one game and staved off a circus for the season opener, dialed down the temperature, etc.

But instead, it has done a nice job of setting up a Wrestlemania to Summer Slam for the opener and if anyone gets hurt on either side with splashy bad publicity to boot, you can thank George Parros.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah so gonna go ahead and say your job and the realities of the NHL are very different, continue to be obtuse and pretend that $3k for a NHL player is any kind of deterrent. Again, you’re arguing semantics. This is a stupid exchange with you taking more of the fault for that.

So insufficient discipline like I said originally.

Stupid exchange indeed. Took the long road to agreeing with me I guess.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Guys, not only do we have to fear Ryan Reaves (who makes 1.35m per year against the cap) this year, we also have to fear him all of next season, where he also makes 1.35m per year against the cap.

I sure hope the next two years of his contract go by really fast, I hate living with that type of anxiety.

Reactions: dukeofjive

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo

Exactly what I thought to myself. Don’t even waste your time.

• Love
Reactions: TheDoldrums

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad