(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Of course it matters if Pare was injured. The fact that he wasn't injured suggests this incident isn't as bad as you want to make it seem.

It's hockey. He injured a player and got beat up for it. End of story.
Attempted murder doesn't matter...only murder does....amirite?

Reactions: LeafsNet

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I mean Price punched Palmieri with his blocker to the back of the head and neck and didn't get a suspension. This was clearly never gonna ever end in a suspension for Xhekaj.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Attempted murder doesn't matter...only murder does....amirite?

They aren't penalized the same.

"The outcome shouldn't matter."

Of course it should. It matters in virtually every kind of justice system.

Was Xhekaj punished? Yes. Was it sufficient? Clearly not to some people.

Comparing it to the Bertuzzi incident makes no sense to me. It's the worst example in the history of NHL hockey.

Hundreds upon hundreds of guys have been punched in the back of the head with the same outcome as this one, and there was no penalty or even a suspension.

Reactions: Oryxo

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010

Attempted murder isn't a slap on the wrist either.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Well, I don't think Arber Xhekaj was trying to murder Cedric Pare, so I think we're ok here.

Nobody thinks that, but it could be classified as attempted assault. The guy was not interested in engaging and was swung on from behind. If the league is okay with that, then don’t cry when something similar happens on opening night.

season-ending knee on knee on high profile Habs player goes completely unpunished, and your takeaway is "anti Leafs conspiracy"?

the dissonance is incredible :laugh:

Nothing to punish when it’s an accident. Go back to sleep.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If the situation was reversed, and Auston Matthews might be out for the year because a Laval Rocket going knee-on-knee with him, these threads would be hundreds of pages calling for the removal of the Habs organization and for Reaves to fight everyone.

That's what makes this such an interesting read.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
I’m just gonna wait until opening night now. Clearly some folks here are emotionally unstable to the point where they’re recreating figments of their own imagination and claiming it’s reality.

After Reeves pumps X and Pacioretty scores the GWG, the unhinged Montreal fanbase are going to need professional mental help services.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Read one page and not going to waste any more valuable time but the trend is some homer fans from both sides are just out to lunch as well as the NHL on WiFi as you can't argue any accident or happened too fast in his case...so much for deterrents eh?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pare wasn't hurt so no it's not like what happened to Steve Moore. This was an attack from behind too but the really bad thing Bertuzzi did was drive Moore's face into the ice with force. Bertuzzi/Moore and this aren't a good comparable IMO. Doesn't mean it doesn't look shitty on Xhekaj's part but IMO Pare looked even shittier for not standing up and more than less allowing himself to get slapped around. When there isn't an injury from a hit or an altercation or a non stick swinging altercation the DPS almost never hands out games suspensions.

We all know shit usually happens when a star player gets seriously hurt on a questionable hit. Pare being the guy who did it should have faced the music. His not doing that puts a target not just on him but potentially on the better players of his own team. Really if I'm a Leafs fan I'd rather have Xhekaj going for revenge on Pare than taking it out on one of my better players. That's what quid pro quo really would look like. That's why this guy needed to step up instead of turtle.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
sure, enjoy your conspiracy world. must be the reason Leafs have been such failures in the Matthews era :sarcasm:

I understand playing the Leafs is like the Stanley Cup Final for Montreal fans, but your emotions are way too high right now. Log off, drink some water and then look at the bottom of the Atlantic division at the end of the season. You’ll find your team there.

• Haha
Reactions: kevistar

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Comparing it to the Bertuzzi incident makes no sense to me. It's the worst example in the history of NHL hockey.

Hundreds upon hundreds of guys have been punched in the back of the head with the same outcome as this one, and there was no penalty or even a suspension.

Actually in Canada both murder and attempted murder have a max life sentence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad