(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He hit a player multiple times in the back of the head. Not including the outcome to Steeve Moore, what is the major difference between this and what Todd Bertuzzi did??

The league is setting a horrific precedent, but it's not surprising given the incompetence DoPS has displayed
I'm a Habs fan and I agree with this.
The refs dropped the ball (yet again) the hit should ve been 5min and a game. Just for the sake of not losing control of the game.

Just like the Steve Moore incident , yes this is on the aggressor, but the victim should know better as well. Better of dropping your gloves and turtling than running away like a coward.

Reactions: leafsfan5

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Habs players were f***ing furious after the game. Pretty sure, they'll put a little stash together to pay this off.
Looking forward to him and Pezzetta drilling all the leafs skilled forwards in a couple of weeks
What will Pezzetta do? Check someone from behind and then run to the bench?

• Love
Reactions: the valiant effort

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The refs dropped the ball (yet again) the hit should ve been 5min and a game. Just for the sake of not losing control of the game.

Just like the Steve Moore incident , yes this is on the aggressor, but the victim should know better as well. Better of dropping your gloves and turtling than running away like a coward.
Yeah, Pare likely should've stepped up and just dealt with the situation, but not doing so does not allow Xhekaj to behave in the manner that he did

The league is okay with instances like this until someone gets seriously hurt. Well....if you continue to allow this without major consequence someone will be seriously hurt one day

Reactions: Fatass

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010

I know it's been like 20 years so my memory might be a bit fuzzy, I'm 99% sure Moore already fought someone that game. Why should he fight twice?

Anyhow, punches to the back of the head should be an automatic suspension.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
He deserved some supplemental discipline, that looked bad for the sport. At least he kept his gloves (less risk of injury) on, but still bad.
He got 27 minutes of penalties for the incident. Thst was sufficient. Had it gone un-penalized last night, then sure, throw a game at him

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Habs players were f***ing furious after the game. Pretty sure, they'll put a little stash together to pay this off.
Looking forward to him and Pezzetta drilling all the leafs skilled forwards in a couple of weeks
What will that do? The Leafs ice an AHL roster and Laine got hurt (almost certainly accidentally) by a guy who has never played an NHL game, but for some reason now every Leafs player should be intentionally injured?

You think a team of professional athletes actually think that way? When Tavares was injured by Perry, did the Leafs go run over Carey Price? When Gionta took out Reimer, did the Leafs go after all of their best players?

The Habs will go out and play their game like any other game. Things may get chippy if the score starts to get lopsided, but you have to remember that Toronto also has tough players and could target the Habs young stars. Nobody wants that and it won't happen.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sadly the league too often bases its punishment for these kinds of things on whether there is an injury to the other player.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
I agree. Knee on knee hits not being punished are terrible for the league and we can't have players thinking they're allowed to try to end other players careers with them.
Just like head shots on star players by scrubs need to be taken out of the game

The retribution got punished 100000Xs worse for that one for some reason

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
What will that do? The Leafs ice an AHL roster and Laine got hurt (almost certainly accidentally) by a guy who has never played an NHL game, but for some reason now every Leafs player should be intentionally injured?

You think a team of professional athletes actually think that way? When Tavares was injured by Perry, did the Leafs go run over Carey Price? When Gionta took out Reimer, did the Leafs go after all of their best players?

The Habs will go out and play their game like any other game. Things may get chippy if the score starts to get lopsided, but you have to remember that Toronto also has tough players and could target the Habs young stars. Nobody wants that and it won't happen.
why don't you post the photo of player #25 trying to take Hutson's knee and head off last night? Berube had a clear message to target habs skill players.
I'm not to going to argue with leafs fans about this.
I just expect habs physical players to play that way vs leafs going forward.

It's too bad Tuch and Florian Xhekaj need more AL seasoning

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Hating a team = wishing injuries upon players?

Nice logic in Leafs land. Maybe you should learn the difference between “your” and “you’re” and focus less on hockey.
Maybe you should focus on school. Nobody gives a shit about spelling and or grammar in a hockey forum. Go back to the class room if that’s what you enjoy and preach

Reactions: Fatass

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
It’s only because Xhekaj missed his initial punch on Paré that they both flailed to the ice. Therefore the discipline is just a shrug from DOPS.

But…had his punch connected—it may have left Paré in an equally as vulnerable position as what Steve Moore was in when he and Todd Bertuzzi fell to the ice.

I wish the league would’ve drawn a clearer line in the sand that any suckerpunch is not acceptable in the league. It’s a bad precedent and may normalize players seeking vigilante justice using blindside attacks.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He got 27 minutes of penalties for the incident. Thst was sufficient. Had it gone un-penalized last night, then sure, throw a game at him
How much out of pocket does x lose if he’s suspended for two regular season games? 3k isn’t a deterrent. 27 minutes in a preseason game isn’t a deterrent.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I remember when Neal Pionk took out Liljegren's knee, Jason Spezza deliberately kneed him in the head first chance he got, and Leafs fans were in a frenzy about that suspension.

Reactions: dukeofjive

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Surely he won't do something stupid again on opening night when he plays... The Maple Leafs again

CTE Parros strikes again
If I was Arber I would worry much more about actually starting playing hockey. The Ahl is only a couple subway stations away in Montreal

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I thought he should've got a game. I also wasn't offended by what he did after that knee on knee.lol

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I remember when Neal Pionk took out Liljegren's knee, Jason Spezza deliberately kneed him in the head first chance he got, and Leafs fans were in a frenzy about that suspension.
I don't think he deliberately kneed him in the head, although I think he did intend to injure him. I wasn't a fan of that hit. Perry kneed Tavares in the head too and nobody tried to injure him.

To my point, in both situations nobody targeted stars outside of the player who laid the hit. Someone got some punches in and things were settled. Xhekaj wailed on Pare. You likely won't see Pare ever play a regular season game in a Leafs jersey. How else does this need to be settled? Xhekaj runs Matthews, Reaves runs Hutson. Pezzetta runs Nylander, Benoit runs Suzuki. This does nothing for anyone and won't happen.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad