OT: Most Stressed Fan Base

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Why wouldn't they be stressed somewhat though?
Brand new team to the league, Will they live up to the expectations that Las Vegas set as a expansion team? How are they going to perform during the season?
It's all new to them. Excitment level will be sky high for them and so a some stress is warranted.

History has way more examples of an expansion team sucking than it does of teams even being average. They have a decent enough roster that they should win as often as they lose or possibly better. If they make playoffs that's awesome for a first year. If they miss but are at least competitive into April, that's also a positive. If they struggle and finish bottom five they have a chance at a great top pick who's likely more of a game breaker than anyone on their current roster. So there shouldn't be much concern about how good they are right away. Las Vegas abnormally great start as a franchise shouldn't be the expectation for expansion teams of the future.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
History has way more examples of an expansion team sucking than it does of teams even being average. They have a decent enough roster that they should win as often as they lose or possibly better. If they make playoffs that's awesome for a first year. If they miss but are at least competitive into April, that's also a positive. If they struggle and finish bottom five they have a chance at a great top pick who's likely more of a game breaker than anyone on their current roster. So there shouldn't be much concern about how good they are right away. Las Vegas abnormally great start as a franchise shouldn't be the expectation for expansion teams of the future.

Even if you project how Seattle fans should feel, does not mean it's the reality of the situation. I understand what you are saying but just because somethings does not make sense to you does not make it wrong for feel a certain way.
Maybe the entire data is bogus but perchance it has actually has some merit, seattle fans can feel whatever they want. And like @Drivesaitl mentioned, their could be other factors that could also coincide with that stress.

Reactions: bone

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Even if you project how Seattle fans should feel, does not mean it's the reality of the situation. I understand what you are saying but just because somethings does not make sense to you does not make it wrong for feel a certain way.
Maybe the entire data is bogus but perchance it has actually has some merit, seattle fans can feel whatever they want. And like @Drivesaitl mentioned, their could be other factors that could also coincide with that stress.

Fair enough. The whole idea of calling this "stress" as talked about earlier in the thread is kind of dumb anyways.

Really the experiment was designed to measure which fanbases have the highest expectations for success vs. their current position leading to growing frustrations, pressures and disappointments if not achieved. From that perspective, I have a hard time seeing why if I was a Seattle fan that I'd be reacting as such. But yeah your right, it's not really anyone's place to say how a fanbase should or shouldn't feel.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Fair enough. The whole idea of calling this "stress" as talked about earlier in the thread is kind of dumb anyways.

Really the experiment was designed to measure which fanbases have the highest expectations for success vs. their current position leading to growing frustrations, pressures and disappointments if not achieved. From that perspective, I have a hard time seeing why if I was a Seattle fan that I'd be reacting as such. But yeah your right, it's not really anyone's place to say how a fanbase should or shouldn't feel.

I'd imagine maybe Seattle fans have expectations relative to what Vegas has done. In that way they didn't get the same number of extra assets that Vegas did in expansion, and their expansion draft doesn't seem as strong. Kraken fans probably hoped they'd see the same thing as what happened with Vegas, but it doesn't look as likely given the current roster, so maybe that's why they're stressed. After the Vegas expansion draft though nobody expected the Golden Knights to make the playoffs with their roster but they've been strong ever since they entered the league. Anyways, saying the fan base is stressed before their team has even had its first training camp is funny.

Seattle likely won't have the same level of success out of the gate but they'll probably be fighting for a playoff spot, could trade some UFA's at the deadline to get some picks/prospects, and while they didn't have 3 1st rounders their first draft like Vegas (which was awesome, getting Glass, Suzuki and Brannstrom), they did get Matty Beniers who is a top prospect and will be a top 6 centre in short order after leaving Michigan. They'll be fine, they're just taking a different trajectory than Vegas because GMs didn't lose their minds this expansion draft and gift Seattle extra quality players and draft picks.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Why wouldn't they be stressed somewhat though?
Brand new team to the league, Will they live up to the expectations that Las Vegas set as a expansion team? How are they going to perform during the season?
It's all new to them. Excitment level will be sky high for them and so a some stress is warranted.

Their excitement aka enthusiasm should far exceed any expectations. They have no history or frustrations. They should just be strapping in to enjoy the ride if having a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad