Most points next year: Celebrini vs Carlsson vs Fantilli vs Michkov

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

More points next year?

• Total voters

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
All of these players could have issues with team and linemate dysfunction.

So I voted Fantilli, he's the least bothered by that sort of thing. 30-40 of his points every year are going to come from going solo.

Reactions: CBJx614

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I think a lot of people will be extremely surprised by Carlsson. If he really puts in the effort to gain 10 kilograms of muscle mass, especially in the legs and arms, he'll be very difficult to match up against. If he also manages to gain more stamina, he'll be able to circumvent his slumps as well.

Pair that with the Ducks being somewhat healthy at the beginning of the season for the first time in 6 years and a competent PP assistant coach...I honestly expect him to be at or close to PPG at the end of the season.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
The Flyers are coached by Tortorella. Their PP is coached by Rocky Thompson. It won’t be Michkov.
Michkov will put up points despite Tortorella

And also Torts has coached small players before named Martin St Louis

And he's not going to sit Michkov if Michkov is producing, the guy won a stanley cup and is one of the best coaches in the NHL hes not an idiot

Reactions: Sasso09

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Unbiased vote for celebrini

No but seriously it fully depends on who they are surrounded by and I don’t think we know that answer for really any of them. Carlsson started with Terry/Zegras last year but Zegras is on the block supposedly. CBJ are rumored to be making moves and it’s not that hard to imagine they are going to add forwards. Michkov who knows how he plays. He’s not exactly a Torts type of player. Celebrini sharks are for sure adding forwards (already added 3 this offseason but they are all depth guys) they will definitely add more.

Reactions: CBJx614

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Michkov will put up points despite Tortorella

And also Torts has coached small players before named Martin St Louis

And he's not going to sit Michkov if Michkov is producing, the guy won a stanley cup and is one of the best coaches in the NHL hes not an idiot

If you think Tortorella wouldn’t bench Michkov after he did something he didn’t like, you don’t know John Tortorella. It doesn’t matter how many points he has.

Tortorella won the cup 20 years ago, and has only been out of the first round 3 times since. The only thing he is the best at is missing the playoffs or getting bounced in the first round.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
If you think Tortorella wouldn’t bench Michkov after he did something he didn’t like, you don’t know John Tortorella. It doesn’t matter how many points he has.

Tortorella won the cup 20 years ago, and has only been out of the first round 3 times since. The only thing he is the best at is missing the playoffs or getting bounced in the first round.
Whats wrong with benching someone? Its a part of hockey always has been its just nowadays people prefer snowflake coaches over the old school approach like Torts has, guys is literally spoken well of by many people and when I met him he was very kind and respect seems like an al around decent person? So what if he benches a player its apart of hockey, this snow flake crap nowadays is so annoying.

Reactions: majormajor

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I dont think it will be Celebrini. He's younger, more of a 2-way guy, and has little to work with.
Tough to decide on the other 3 tbh.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think Macklin will be the best player in the end but kinda unfair to compare him to three guys who are 18+ months older than him, have pro experience, and will be on far better teams.

I think it’ll be Michkov so long as he can avoid being benched by Torts.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I don't think it'll be Fantilli, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was. If the new coach puts him on a line with a playmaker who can think for him (like Gaudreau) and a bruiser to dig it out of the corners, watch out.

I vote for Carlsson because he's more likely to be on a stable line with another producer. I don't think Celebrini is even in the NHL next season, and Michkov will be impaired by having no good center to play with plus the Torts factor and Philly's terrible PP.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Whats wrong with benching someone? Its a part of hockey always has been its just nowadays people prefer snowflake coaches over the old school approach like Torts has, guys is literally spoken well of by many people and when I met him he was very kind and respect seems like an al around decent person? So what if he benches a player its apart of hockey, this snow flake crap nowadays is so annoying.

Benching a player to send a message isn’t a bad thing, but if Torts is limiting his minutes because he doesn’t like the details of Michkov’s game, it doesn’t bode well for him maximizing his production next year, which is related to the poll question.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I'd like to think that Michkov arriving will line up with Frost finally having the favor of Torts after the progression of his defensive game. I can see him putting up around 60 points.

A line of Foerster - Frost - Michkov could actually be pretty damn effective.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Carlsson has the best offense around him so im going with him. Michkov under torts will be fun.

Carlsson
Fantilli
Michkov
Celebrini

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I think a lot of people will be extremely surprised by Carlsson. If he really puts in the effort to gain 10 kilograms of muscle mass, especially in the legs and arms, he'll be very difficult to match up against. If he also manages to gain more stamina, he'll be able to circumvent his slumps as well.

Pair that with the Ducks being somewhat healthy at the beginning of the season for the first time in 6 years and a competent PP assistant coach...I honestly expect him to be at or close to PPG at the end of the season.
If he gained 10 kilos I guarantee that's mostly fat.22 lbs of muscle would take 2-3 years without steroids, that doesn't happen in an off season

Fantilli, will be the first line center. Playing first PP with Gaudreau.
Was he not in that role last year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad