Morgan Rielly: Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
I think I see a lot of people overreacting about Rielly with "shinny new toy syndrome"

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think I see a lot of people overreacting about Rielly with "shinny new toy syndrome"

I see people being very impressed with a rookie looking very good in his first games, and think he can stay in the NHL. It's the natural and proper reaction, not an overreaction.

How should we react do you think?

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Has anyone photoshopped his head onto a Captain Morgan Bottle yet? I don't have photoshop, but if someone could take a crack at this...

article_41631_2.jpg

captain-morgan_custom-24997c9c0452ac1a908e515014a67896765496a1-s6-c30.jpg

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I've been pushing for Captain Morgan as a nickname since the day we drafted him

What a beauty

I stood up and immediately did the Captain Morgan pose after we drafted him #truestories

#mostlytruestories

#somewhattruestories

#marginallytruestories

#completelyfabricatedstories

9Iron

Nov 25, 2009
Morgan Rielly is god. That is all. The skills he showed tonight cannot be taught. We have a true superstar. He was showing Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey separation skills tonight, and not just once.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
When he takes control, and starts forward, good things happen. He played a solid game tonight. Let's hope he breaks in, and gives us Rielly/Gardiner/Franson as PMD. with some fine tuning and the right pairings, we're pretty deadly from the back end.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
I only managed to catch the highlights tonight, but from what pieces I saw of his play, I really, REALLY liked it. His hustle to get back and steal the puck on the 2 on 1, and then set up a 3 on 1 going the other way was great. The guy is really, really damn fast.

I know we have a logjam at D, but if his play stays relatively consistent, and improves throughout the season, there's no way he should be sent back down to junior. He could probably end up on the 2nd pairing by the end of the year if all goes well. Who knows? Maybe have a game or two with Phaneuf on the 1st pairing? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad