Injury Report: Morgan Rielly out 8 weeks with a fractured foot

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
I love how some are writing the season off because of Rielly's injury. If anything, this injury opens the door for Sandin and Ljilgren to show the Leafs what they have. Reality is, sometimes you don't know what you have until you are forced to use it.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
It's not as bad as some are making it out to be, though it's a huge loss. Rielly is no marvel defensively, and our offense can take the hit without blinking.

1. This is a last chance for Barrie to step it up and try and earn a payday from some team. The door is open, and he's gotta step up.

2. With next week being our bye-week, we only have 3 more games until muzzin is probably back. That gives us a cobbled top pairing of muzzin and Barrie, which while not great, shouldn't be an excuse.

3. This is a chance for Sandin and Liljeren to show what they got. Sandin was great in 6 games early in the season, and Liljeren is even more ready imo.

4. This is a much needed rally call for a team that is half asleep in their own end. I can only hope they look in the mirror after getting blown out and losing their best defenseman, and pull their socks up and get to work.

In 4 games when Muzzer is back I'd like to go with..

Muzzin- Barrie
Dermott - Holl
Sandin - Liljeren
Marincin

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Some adversity for this team might be good. The week break is coming at a good time to get Muzzin back. Man do we ever need him now.
I expect Lilly to be up here soon.

Reactions: Menzinger

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Some adversity for this team might be good. The week break is coming at a good time to get Muzzin back. Man do we ever need him now.
I expect Lilly to be up here soon.

We need Andersen to sort himself out, he can keep our head above water with a depleted lineup but he's got to be better than he has recently

A team can only defy so much adversity

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I like how people think we are done after this injury. We aren't because the injury came at a good time. We play three more games before we get a week off, and we should be able to win 2/3 without Rielly this week. Just need to show up...

After the break, Muzzin should be back and we are pretty much back in the same spot we have been in the past couple of weeks when we went without him, except we lose Rielly (who wasn't even 100% anyways) instead.

If this team keeps working and giving it, and the goalies start getting back on track, we will continue winning.

member 300185

That's what happens when your GM builds from the forwards back instead of from the goalie out.
Before you make a blanket statement like that you should look at every player in the roster and then make a decision. Because once you do that you realize that most of the team had nothing to do with Dubas.

Reactions: Terrible GM

member 300185

No worries. This is good news. Now there will be a trade. We will bring in at least a 2nd pairing D. Then when everyone is healthy, Marincin will be sent down and our D will be upgraded.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If the Leafs goalies had out up average sv% during some of these losses, the teams recent record wouldnt be so bad.
If Andersen doesn't fall behind the net on the 1st goal against Winnipeg or allows a shorthanded goal on the 2nd goal against later in that same game, chances are the Leafs end up winning. Hell if he was able to save the last shot in the 3rd round of the shootout they also end up winning.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I look at it like this right, his play has been poor for about 2 months now, lets get sandin playing in the top 4 and just ride with it. 44 has been a turnover machine lately, maybe this will help rebalance things as sandman will be a bit more cautious

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
This explains why he’s been dreadful and below replacement level defensively. Hopefully he comes back healthy in time to make a positive impact this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad