More Russian Politics

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
I'm so sick of the Russian's icing a crap team because of politics. The Iron Curtain may have fell, but that country has still got a lot of problems!

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Net, it will be a good team. Bogus article:

1) Haby said "I'll see" in Sport-Express (SE)
2) Fedorov said "I'll see" in SE
3) Kovalchuk said "I will" in SE
4) Zhamnov was not interviewed

Most others mentioned, like Afinogenov, Volchenkov, Malakhov, Kaspar, Markov, Tverdovsky stated repeatedly that they will play in the OG.

How about this: "Imagine an Olympic hockey tournament with Nikolai Khabibulin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Sergei Fedorov, Alexei Zhamnov and Sergei Samsanov giving their best for Russia." That's me reporting. Much more reliable than "the news" presented.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Mr Kanadensisk said:
I'm so sick of the Russian's icing a crap team because of politics. The Iron Curtain may have fell, but that country has still got a lot of problems!

is that really surprising? do you think that in 15 years all the old people would die? things will change in 40 years maybe.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Some of the information in the article could be correct, but I can't shake the feeling that it could only be by accident. :) It is full of "imagine..." and "you can bet..." but short on the actual sources and generally looks like something the author just pulled out... well you can "imagine" from where.

Assuming that he is right though, I do not think that iceing not 100% NHLer team would automatically mean not competetive. Chemistry and effort are often more important than talent.

znarok

Aug 22, 2005
HFboards
Den said:
Net, it will be a good team. Bogus article.

Most others mentioned, like Afinogenov, Volchenkov, Malakhov, Kaspar, Markov, Tverdovsky stated repeatedly that they will play in the OG.

Malakhov said, he won't go to the Olympics saying that he's too old for that. BTW, he's 37.

I agree, the article is just a bunch of BS!!! :madfire: The author should be fired after such misinformation, but most likely this is all politics came from the top in order to start under-table games with Russian NHLers, hopefully, players understand that.

znarok

Aug 22, 2005
HFboards
Devilsfanatic said:
Why does this country always have problems with their hockey teams? It gets a bit redundant after awhile.

Russia has its own way of doing things, just like Canada has it too. So, don't even try to understand other country's way of doing whatever they do. There might be some things in a way Canadians do their business, that might be redundant to others, so just don't put your nose into others' plate without having a full picture of what's going on, and especially judging it wrong. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad