GDT: Montreal vs Ottawa - 7PM ET - CBC/RDS - The World's smallest GDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He is a good kid that Subban, I hope management does not burn the bridge with him wanting to stay long term.

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
Unless PK is hurt he has to take responsibility for his play since January. I think he is -12 since the new year. Not Norris numbers. It is up to him to bring his game up. He is too talented to be playing this badly.

I agree, but I think Therrien's handling of him is ridiculous.

He essentially created a division between himself and one of his best players by singling him out. Rather than supporting him and standing up for him when he is not on his game, and trying to get him back to form, he solely blames him and kills his morale, even when half the team is playing just as bad. As a player, I would not have much respect for someone who is constantly treating me unfairly. Sure, he should be benched for some things, but others should too, and they don't.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Just got in and it looks like I missed an eventful 1st period according the the NHL.com boxscore. I have to ask though, why the hell did Subban only play 37 seconds in the 1st? Did he get hurt or is idiot MT sending another one of his stupid messages again for something Subban did?

He deserved the benching.... for one period

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
You don't bench your #1D for a full period. You just don't. Couple shifts it's fine but a full period. It's ridiculous. How do you think he feels now ? I **** up once I'll get benched for a full period. :shakehead

Not just that...when he sees some others blunder and no consequences....it's got to be frustrating.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
PK said he would vote Markov for the Norris this year :)

PJ stock noooooooooooooooooo back to RDS.

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
Say what you want about Brunet but he's right about PK

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Just got in and it looks like I missed an eventful 1st period according the the NHL.com boxscore. I have to ask though, why the hell did Subban only play 37 seconds in the 1st? Did he get hurt or is idiot MT sending another one of his stupid messages again for something Subban did?

Subban started off playing like crap. Let Smith get past him for an easy second shot goal.

Terrible gap control on the second goal after he went for a big hip check.

He shouldn't have been sat for the entire period but his D play was not good to start the game.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
What will therriens fan club be saying after yet another sloppy and ugly game? Just wait until the playoffs? Lol

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I'm not the type who blames Therrien, i'm more relax kind of guy but I hope he talks to Subban the right way when benching him, it's still Subban. ya know, our future D NOW..

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
Habs are going to offer big Money to Vanek and if he accepts, they will deal Subban... i seriously can see this happening

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Skates pretty well and is okay with the puck. I think he's going to be good.

Still makes rookie mistakes though. I'm cool with that.

Tinordi isn't great by any means right now, and he doesn't have the skill to have the same sort of upside of a Subban or a Beaulieu, but he's really solid at most aspects of hockey along with the high end size and physicality, and he seems to be an intelligent player despite the obvious rookie mistakes.

He should be a regular on our 3rd pairing already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad