Proposal: Montreal/Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Montreal: Leo Komarov, Stephane Robidas and 5th round pick 2017

vs

To Toronto: David Desharnais, Mike Condon and Brian Flynn

MTL POV: Leo can play LW and C plus he bring energy on the 3rd or 4th line. He can put some points and hurt the opponent. Robidas will retire next year or maybe this but If he can play 30 games this year, I'd be happy to have him as teacher for Beaulieu.

TOR POV: Leafs are in need for a backup with some experience with a good contract.. Mike Condon could take the net for 30 games or more and Andersen will make the rest of the job. If Lou want to trade for d-man.. Bozak will be on the market.. and adding DD could make a deal easier.. he got one year left at 3.5. Flynn will play as 13th forward or fourth line guy.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Wait, so we give up Komarov for your cap dump, backup goalie, and a 13th F? Robidas has an island so we aren't worried about getting rid of him either.

No freaking way man.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I don't see Toronto giving up Komarov for that. He has dem intangibles. Good all-around player.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
To Montreal: Leo Komarov, Stephane Robidas and 5th round pick 2017

vs

To Toronto: David Desharnais, Mike Condon and Brian Flynn

MTL POV: Leo can play LW and C plus he bring energy on the 3rd or 4th line. He can put some points and hurt the opponent. Robidas will retire next year or maybe this but If he can play 30 games this year, I'd be happy to have him as teacher for Beaulieu.

TOR POV: Leafs are in need for a backup with some experience with a good contract.. Mike Condon could take the net for 30 games or more and Andersen will make the rest of the job. If Lou want to trade for d-man.. Bozak will be on the market.. and adding DD could make a deal easier.. he got one year left at 3.5. Flynn will play as 13th forward or fourth line guy.

I wouldn't trade Komarov for all three of those players. I'd want an over-payment for Leo. You can have Robidas and the 5th, though. Actually you can have Robidas for future considerations.

Also, Leo does not play centre. He may take some draws but he is not a centre.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
that is very bad for TOR, plus as per many trade rumour site, apparently they were looking for a low 1st for Komarov last year at the deadline...

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We give up the two most valuable pieces by the Leafs perspective, so no thanks. No room for Desharnais or Flynn at all, and Komarov is worth a lot more than the entire return on his own. We don't need to drop Robidas since he'll just be on the LTIR all year and doesn't cost us any cap or salary (in fact, we may just trade him to a team needing to reach the floor).

Condon is the only one we'd want, but you aren't getting anything valuable for him. If you want Holland, Corrado and a few prospects, and are willing to throw in a mid round pick on top of Condon, then maybe we can talk.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
If the Leafs want Condon, they can have him - but we're not taking their cap dumps.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
No thank you.

Komarov holds more value than that and we don't need to move Robidas. We have a nice safe place for him.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
No. Leo is one of those players that you don't trade. You would have to over pay, and not many would be willing to do so. He is a rare breed for a 2nd/3rd liner.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Right. As if Robidas is the only cap dump the Leafs have :rolleyes:

Again, you can have Condon if you want him. No cap dumps, though.

None of them are in this deal though?

And Robidas is not a cap dump we'd pay assets to dump. We throw him on LTIR for another year, he doesn't hurt us in any way other than wasting a contract spot, and that's it.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Given Bergevin's trades lately, I think Komarov for Pacioretty is more likely.

And it's also funny that OP thinks Komarov would be 3rd or 4th line material on the Habs...

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
Komarov is better than Desarnais (who has a worse contract)
Robidas can just go on Ltir and do nothing (We have no incentive of giving up assets to move him)
Flinn is a fwd we have no use for. (We have plenty of 13th fwds/ahl playrs)
Condon is meh. No need to give assets just wait for waivers or sign Enroth.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs laugh at this offer.
desharnais and condon will both be on waivers. they have little to no value. flynn is a spare part forward we dont need. we will keep our physical guy who will likely be a 20/20 player

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
That's a damn high price for Toronto to pay to be rid of Robidas.

yup. for a guy that has a 3 mil hit with one year left and can be LTIR....
leafs are under the cap with only a couple cheap dmen to sign. no need to move anything of value for a collection of junk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad