Proposal: Montreal Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Montreal: 4th round pick 2023 and Erik Cernak

vs

To Tampa Bay: Chris Wideman and Joel Armia

MTL POV: Erik Cernak is a young RHD with a good upside RFA after 2023 who can be in the rebuild/reset. The picks 2023 in a deep draft could be very good.

TB POV: Wideman is a cheap option on D less than 1M$ can move the puck well and play PP minutes.. if he perform well in playoff they can retain him for around 1,5M$. Armia is a proven playoff performer at 3,8M$ for 3 yrs and Tampa will probably looking for another cup run.

-----------------------

To Montreal: Owen Tippett and Eetu Luostarinen

vs

To Florida: Ben Chariot@25% retained

MTL POV: Tippett is the kind of winger who's gonna fit with Suzuki. Luostarinen will not be more than a 3rd/4th liner but could bring size into the bottom six.

---------------

To Montreal: Samuel Poulin and Zach Aston-Reese

vs

To Pittsburgh: Jonathan Drouin and 4th round pick 2024

MTL POV: Poulin is a prospect who was on Habs radar.. skilled and physical winger . ZAR could be a nice add for a team like MTL a cheaper option on the 4th line over Armia.

PITTS POV: Drouin is talented playmaker but can't work under pressure could be a huge complimentary for Kapanen and Geno plus he's UFA at 28 so in 2yrs.

FLO POV: Chariot is very high on Cats shopping list and would be a good upgrade for their defense and played well in the two last playoff for the Habs.

--------------------

To Montreal:

Reactions: Benstheman

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Habs fan! these are all terrible for the other team. you're overvaluing Armia, Chiarot and Drouin.

Armia: value is practically null because of the overpriced contract we signed him to. Too rich for a winger that disappears for 80% of games - also, 15 points in 44 games is far from a proven playoff performer. (he did score a few big goals but that's about it)

Chiarot: I am more of a fan of him than most but he will fetch a late 1st or 2nd rounder. Tippett & Luostarinen both have late first value. overpayment.

Drouin: getting rid of him for free would be a gift. he has no value on our team. teams know this. No one is giving you a prospect of Poulin's value (grade A prospect) for him.

I don't think this is a troll thread but the trades are lopsided in every case (all for the habs)

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Pittsburgh one is not so bad.
Even if people here like to pretend Drouin is worthless, the truth is that he's a good 50 points 2nd liner. On a team like the Pens i'm pretty sure he would thrive.
So Poulin + Aston-Reese is a fair return i guess

Tampa trade is the worst. Cernak is a very very solid young Dman and Armia and Wideman are worth nothing to the Bolts

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Does not make sense for TBL to add expensive 3rd liner in Armia (I like the player but he is overpaid by 1m and poorly advertised this year), does not make sense for PIT to add 5.5m cap while they have Malkin Letang to resign. I think Chiarot is traded but I think picks are coming back. For me if somebody takes a gamble on Drouin it would be some team close to the cap floor (ARI, SEA) hoping for a rebound and trade at next trade deadline as a rental.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
To Montreal: 4th round pick 2023 and Erik Cernak

vs

To Tampa Bay: Chris Wideman and Joel Armia

MTL POV: Erik Cernak is a young RHD with a good upside RFA after 2023 who can be in the rebuild/reset. The picks 2023 in a deep draft could be very good.

TB POV: Wideman is a cheap option on D less than 1M$ can move the puck well and play PP minutes.. if he perform well in playoff they can retain him for around 1,5M$. Armia is a proven playoff performer at 3,8M$ for 3 yrs and Tampa will probably looking for another cup run.

-----------------------

To Montreal: Owen Tippett and Eetu Luostarinen

vs

To Florida: Ben Chariot@25% retained

MTL POV: Tippett is the kind of winger who's gonna fit with Suzuki. Luostarinen will not be more than a 3rd/4th liner but could bring size into the bottom six.

---------------

To Montreal: Samuel Poulin and Zach Aston-Reese

vs

To Pittsburgh: Jonathan Drouin and 4th round pick 2024

MTL POV: Poulin is a prospect who was on Habs radar.. skilled and physical winger . ZAR could be a nice add for a team like MTL a cheaper option on the 4th line over Armia.

PITTS POV: Drouin is talented playmaker but can't work under pressure could be a huge complimentary for Kapanen and Geno plus he's UFA at 28 so in 2yrs.

FLO POV: Chariot is very high on Cats shopping list and would be a good upgrade for their defense and played well in the two last playoff for the Habs.

--------------------

To Montreal:
Those trades are pretty bad. Quite sure other team won't do them.

Chiarot I think Toronto be good fit. Maybe Leafs 2nd and Niemela?

Drouin - Habs probably just keep him. He has negative trade value. Next year may get late round pick as has expiring contract. Habs then can use his 5.5 million caphit to rent out or sign a UFA.

I would offer Lekhonen to any team? At 50% retained, and Canes 3rd for a first? Any takers??

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
WHy do yet another thread like this., all hab fans want a good deal. all non hab fans dont want ANY hab players at all, not even for free. so why have this thread. Its all hab bashing for nothing. OH wait, ahhh, thats what it is. IT'S HAB BASHING THREAD. Not a trade thread at all.
HUMM what if the non hab fans used the same tactic with other areas. Go ahead walk into Best Buy and state the same tactic. ALL your products are SHIIIT, I am not paying you a freaking dime for those 75" tv,s I will take 3 and they better be FREE and I am doing you a favour at that. LET me know what happens.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Tampa should totally do that trade! But needs to add a 2022 1st.

signed: all 31 other teams fans.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
no way their teams look at Cernak or Tippet as disposable as those OP deals indicate
OP knows they're worth much more, trying to use their contending seasons to get TB/Fla to make short-sighted mistakes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad