Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I apologize if "just trust me bro" is not a good argument.

I'm open to the idea that games 5-7 are harder to play, I just want to know how much harder.

I believe 3/4 of our players do better in games 5-7, so it seems weird that they are so much tougher but the majority of our core 4 perform better in those games than earlier games.

This begs the question, since games 1-4 are so much easier, why can't those players elevate their game during the early part of a series? It should be fairly easy.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
By who? B2B SCF and was about to win the Conn Smythe until McDavid took it from him.

By the hockey community.

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 10.34.57 PM.png

You can look into it if you'd like, but his team going to the cup finals didn't erase it.

Yep, we got 4 Betas and might even be Charlies instead of Alphas

WHEN????

Lets not start fake stuff on other players in order to make our Golden Boys look less horrible.

The consensus was that he was not a good playoff performer.

If you want to pretend that never happened (Tkachuk was the same), then you can.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
By the hockey community.

View attachment 886087

You can look into it if you'd like, but his team going to the cup finals didn't erase it.

The consensus was that he was not a good playoff performer.

If you want to pretend that never happened (Tkachuk was the same), then you can.
So a 1C who led his team to back to back SCF while also being the best 200ft Center since Bergy is a dud, while our top guys who had ONE series win in the past 8 years are STUDs.

Stay in your bubble, bro.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So a 1C who led his team to back to back SCF while also being the best 200ft Center since Bergy is a dud, while our top guys who had ONE series win in the past 8 years are STUDs.

Stay in your bubble, bro.

His being the best two-way C is debatable, but we can call him that if you want.

Regardless, if you are judging a single person's performance based on series wins, we likely need to start calling Maroon the modern GOAT.

Bobrovsky was the engine on the team the year before.

This year he has played well, but thinking after many years of mediocre play he somehow is considered a playoff stud, it is delusional.

Also, no one mentioned our players... you are inserting them into the convo cause your argument is so weak.

Reactions: arso40

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Put it this way, if MM had a great playoffs, what is the chances he would be signing an extension before the season?
You are a much better poster than this.

If those four are McD, Drai, Barkov and Mack.

They might.
He may still sign an extension.
Not really sure what you’re going on about.

You could just say you made a mistake with the “betting on himself” and be done with it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
His being the best two-way C is debatable, but we can call him that if you want.

Regardless, if you are judging a single person's performance based on series wins, we likely need to start calling Maroon the modern GOAT.

Bobrovsky was the engine on the team the year before.

This year he has played well, but thinking after many years of mediocre play he somehow is considered a playoff stud, it is delusional.

Also, no one mentioned our players... you are inserting them into the convo cause your argument is so weak.
Just take the L, bro.

You are the one who started this with Tonedog and me.

Like I said, if it makes you feel better by putting down other players in order for you to find comfort in our top guys being choker. Thats great. Good for you.

He may still sign an extension.
Not really sure what you’re going on about.
OR he might not.

I think it will be fun for him to sign an extension. And then see how people react to his annual choke job every Spring.

One way for MM to avoid choking again, he just needs to learn how to Hawk Tuah, lol.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Just take the L, bro.

Like I said, if it makes you feel better by putting down other players in order for you to find comfort in our top guys being choker. Thats great. Good for you.

Which other playoffs was Barkov amazing in?

You mentioned him with Mac, McDavid, and Drai as playoff studs.

I'd assume he is consistently amazing, maybe I am misremembering his play and he's been amazing every year.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just take the L, bro.

OR he might not.

I think it will be fun for him to sign an extension. And then see how people react to his annual choke job every Spring.

One way for MM to avoid choking again, he just needs to learn how to Hawk Tuah, lol.
Ok. 👍 :laugh:
Love the post something incorrect, get called on it so reply a bunch of nonsense as a deflection. Disappointing.

Take the L and move on, stop being so insecure.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
OR he might not.

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 10.53.24 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 10.54.11 PM.png

One of these is a stud and one is a choker.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

I'd assume he is consistently amazing, maybe I am misremembering his play and he's been amazing every year.
Are they playoffs studs now?

OR is Barkov still a playoff dud at this point of his career?

Like I said, just take the L and move on.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
View attachment 886094

View attachment 886095

One of these is a stud and one is a choker.
Thanks for pointing out that Barkov is the stud and MM is the choker.
Since you posted Barkov's stats first and MM's stats second, then go on and said One of these is a STUD and one is a CHOKER.

I am so glad you realized that MM is a choker. It might be nice for you to finally see the light instead of living in your own bubble.

Congrats.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Its gonna take Mitch another 8 years to pass Barkov in playoff goals. LOL.

Oh yeah, and good luck winning a Selke while Barkov is around.

Marner got more votes than him last year...

Barkov is not Bergeron.

He's won 2 times... he's been in the league for 10 years.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Marner at 11.7x8 is a reasonable deal, the team would remain Uber talented and cap challenged, and it will be up to the coach and management to get a better supporting cast and get more out of these guys.

Re signing Mitch does pretty much close the small percentage McDavid fantasy, so these are our horses boys, place your bets.
Marner at 11.7x8 is a terrible deal, which would mean the team remains talent and cap challenged, and unable to get a better supporting cast and get more out of these guys.

Re signing Mitch does pretty much close the small percentage Cup fantasy.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I apologize if "just trust me bro" is not a good argument.

I'm open to the idea that games 5-7 are harder to play, I just want to know how much harder.

I believe 3/4 of our players do better in games 5-7, so it seems weird that they are so much tougher but the majority of our core 4 perform better in those games than earlier games.

This begs the question, since games 1-4 are so much easier, why can't those players elevate their game during the early part of a series? It should be fairly easy.
Actually it begs the question "if that's the only argument you have left, why not just give up?"

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Marner at 11.7x8 is a terrible deal, which would mean the team remains talent and cap challenged, and unable to get a better supporting cast and get more out of these guys.

Re signing Mitch does pretty much close the small percentage Cup fantasy.
All teams even Cup winners will always either trade or let their players walk due to the Cap as they actually want to build a team to win instead of win with their top players.
It is not a weird and strange concept. It happens.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017

Im usually not agreeing with you , i think, or i might think about someone else.
But Panther fans has not been happy with Barkov previous playoffs. Regular season yes, but not playoffs. Absolutly not in the Mack McDavid tier. Know to little about Drai overall.

The Barkov vs Marner, i dont know. I lean to Barkov. But Had they switch teams, Marner would be in the final now no doubt about it. And Barkov would not make leafs a playoff team of a sudden.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Put it this way, if MM had a great playoffs, what is the chances he would be signing an extension before the season?
You are a much better poster than this.

If those four are McD, Drai, Barkov and Mack.

They might.
Add up their respective salaries, now try and fill out a winning team roster, can’t be done………

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Marner got more votes than him last year...

Barkov is not Bergeron.

He's won 2 times... he's been in the league for 10 years.
I think the bottom line is Florida had a core before and didn’t do much. Call it the sum of the parts.

Then Florida changed the core and is getting better results.

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad