Miscellaneous NHL Talk XLII - The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
The fact that things keep breaking our way in the standings make me more convinced that we lose the playoffs to COVID19. I have just become too conditioned to things like that.

Is there a Hakstol equivalent to Stockholm Syndrome?

Hakstol hemorrhage? Beet breakdown? Dipsh*t disorder?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The fact that things keep breaking our way in the standings make me more convinced that we lose the playoffs to COVID19. I have just become too conditioned to things like that.

Is there a Hakstol equivalent to Stockholm Syndrome?

Hakstol hemorrhage? Beet breakdown? Dipsh*t disorder?
PHSD

Post Hakstol Stress Disorder.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Feels like just yesterday we had people who wanted to blow up our core and do a full rebuild from scratch... and they were pointing out how the Pens were still winning even with all their injuries, as if that proved our leaders weren't leading properly.

Good times.

3 years away from being ...

Person101

Jul 12, 2019
Feels like just yesterday we had people who wanted to blow up our core and do a full rebuild from scratch... and they were pointing out how the Pens were still winning even with all their injuries, as if that proved our leaders weren't leading properly.

Good times.
Also feels like yesterday when people complained about the Hayes signing and the Niskanen trade. :naughty:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I thought we were reminiscing about bad takes. Boooooo
There's a huge difference between valid concerns on additions and hot takes that were obviously nonsense from the start.

The stuff about Hayes/Niskanen/Braun were the former, saying we need to trade Giroux/Voracek/JVR/Ghost/etc is the latter.

Reactions: Person101

Person101

Jul 12, 2019
There's a huge difference between valid concerns on additions and hot takes that were obviously nonsense from the start.

The stuff about Hayes/Niskanen/Braun were the former, saying we need to trade Giroux/Voracek/JVR/Ghost/etc is the latter.
I never said they were the same in severity, both were wrong though. I thought we were having fun with bad takes. And oh boy did I have some doozies. :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I never said they were the same in severity, both were wrong though. I thought we were having fun with bad takes. And oh boy did I have some doozies. :laugh:

I guess it also depends on which Hayes/Braun/Niskanen takes you're talking about, because those vary too.

I can only speak for my own and I don't regret or take back any of my the concerns I voiced, given what was known at the time. The main thing that makes it different is that at the time we didn't know about Patrick's migraine issue.

Person101

Jul 12, 2019
I guess it also depends on which Hayes/Braun/Niskanen takes you're talking about, because those vary too.

I can only speak for my own and I don't regret or take back any of my the concerns I voiced, given what was known at the time. The main thing that makes it different is that at the time we didn't know about Patrick's migraine issue.
Don't worry about it buddy, I wasn't trying to cause a big hub bub. Just joking around.

Reactions: Striiker

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Over the past ten games the Flyers have gone 9-1-0 and the Pens 2-8-0 – meaning our guys have gained a full fourteen points on the dirty birds – made up the nine-point deficit and are now five points clear of them with no games in hand. An incredible three weeks!
giphy.gif

Pens board is imploding. Gotta love it.

Most spoiled fan base in the league. They have a full decade of mario+jagr then five years later they get gifted Crosby/Malkin. Now they have one bad stretch leading up to the playoffs and they losing their shit. Cry me a goddamn river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad