Miscellaneous NHL Talk XLII - The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Today's number of the day is 80.

80! As in: "The Penguins have lost 80% of their games since mid March." Ah ah ah!
giphy.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
It’s ok. You’re a doctor. Not a Calendar guy.

Maybe it’ll be true until next year.
Exactly, leave the sundial shit to the timekeepers....could you imagine them collapsing next season? Mmmm

But then again I'm sure they'd get the next two 1st overall picks if they would suck next year (including Shane Wright) no matter what

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Over the past ten games the Flyers have gone 9-1-0 and the Pens 2-8-0 – meaning our guys have gained a full fourteen points on the dirty birds – made up the nine-point deficit and are now five points clear of them with no games in hand. An incredible three weeks!

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Over the past ten games the Flyers have gone 9-1-0 and the Pens 2-8-0 – meaning our guys have gained a full fourteen points on the dirty birds – made up the nine-point deficit and are now five points clear of them with no games in hand. An incredible three weeks!

after suffering throu the last 9 yrs, we deserve it

#Firehakstol.again

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He can't ruin the Leafs from inside a cell! Perhaps we can send some letters of praise to Toronto in hopes of getting him promoted.

We’ll see if he’s still even there next year. Not sure if he was more of Babcock’s hire or Dubas’. Keefe could want some of his guys in there next year with an offseason of hiring options.

Reactions: Tripod

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Feels like just yesterday we had people who wanted to blow up our core and do a full rebuild from scratch... and they were pointing out how the Pens were still winning even with all their injuries, as if that proved our leaders weren't leading properly.

Good times.

The same ones who are now saying "why dress a better player when we are winning 9 in a row?"... Irony.gif

Almost feels... reactionary. Almost.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Feels like just yesterday we had people who wanted to blow up our core and do a full rebuild from scratch... and they were pointing out how the Pens were still winning even with all their injuries, as if that proved our leaders weren't leading properly.

Good times.

Playoffs haven't happened yet. They get bounced early then they'll be saying the same nonsense.

Reactions: Striiker

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
At one point this season the Eastern Conference looked ridiculously strong. Now half the teams in a playoff spot shouldn't even make the playoffs.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The same ones who are now saying "why dress a better player when we are winning 9 in a row?"... Irony.gif
Oh believe me, I'm fully aware. :laugh:

Playoffs haven't happened yet. They get bounced early then they'll be saying the same nonsense.
Without a doubt. It's the lazy automatic excuse for every losing season. Must be the top players and leaders.

Just like any time there's a rough period, regardless of context, suddenly Giroux/Voracek/Ghost/JVR/whoever is toast and needs to be traded. But they always bounce back and prove what they're capable of.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the Panthers retire the jersey of a player who had his best years on another team?

I mean, he played 6 playoff games with the Panthers.

Then again, it's Florida and they're probably happy to have anyone whose number they can retire.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Let's gooo Wings!

(I want be ahead TBL too for home-ice advantage when here is chance for Flyers-TB in ECF).

Reactions: TheKingPin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the Panthers retire the jersey of a player who had his best years on another team?

I mean, he played 6 playoff games with the Panthers.

Then again, it's Florida and they're probably happy to have anyone whose number they can retire.

He was still pretty good in both of his stints with Florida even if it was in the beginning & end of his career. He ended up playing 572 games with Florida opposed to 448 games with Vancouver. His individual numbers are pretty identical overall in both stops regardless if the quality of teams were different.

Florida’s been a dumpster fire organization pretty much through their entire existence so I wouldn’t hold that against Luongo. Obviously fans are going to have attachment to him being one of the few HoFer’s to actually play there for a good proportion of his career. On top of willingly wanting to come back there the second time & making his home there post-NHL career.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnS and LorneMalvo
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
On January 11th, we had 52 points and a record of 23-16-6...
The Caps had a 13 point lead (one more game played)
The Pens had a 7 point lead (two less games played)

Since then we've gone 18-4-1 (best in the league) and have a goal differential of +34 (91 for, 57 against)
The Caps have gone 11-9-2
The Pens have gone 12-10-1

During those 23 games...
Couturier - 23 points
Konecny - 23 points
Giroux - 22 points
Voracek - 22 points
Hart - 10-1-0, .925 sv%, 2.18 GAA

We're now tied with the Caps at 89 points and a record of 40-20-7 and are 5 points ahead of the Pens.

What a difference two months can make...

41-20-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad