Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: September edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
giphy.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"This is a young man who has outstanding hockey sense and outstanding skating ability. Once again, it's only potential, so we have to see how quickly he develops. But defencemen with his talent don't come along often."

-Lou Lamoriello

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What a gift to be given in a draft where everyone was wondering which mediocre D prospect we were going to be left to chose from at 17th.
I don't really want to wait to tell them but...

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
this board is so awesome in handing out the bust label so quick.
it never fails. been that way ever since I have been here. no matter the sport.

Who is calling him a bust? It's just hilarious seeing stuff like this considering some were calling him the second coming of Orr.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
Daly said the IIHF assured the NHL that any player under NHL contract will not be allowed to play in the Olympics.

RIP Ovi

How the F does that work? I mean, does that mean we are back to the 80s where only amateurs play in the Olympics. So did the IIHF issue the same ruling for the KHL or SEL? I dont mind as long as it is applied against all professional leagues.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
bust was the wrong word. sorry.
just dont get the point getting worked up over mistakes made in a rookie scrimmage game. I am sure some of our rookies will make the same mistakes or mistakes with the puck. dont get mad when the main board notices it.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
bust was the wrong word. sorry.
just dont get the point getting worked up over mistakes made in a rookie scrimmage game. I am sure some of our rookies will make the same mistakes or mistakes with the puck. dont get mad when the main board notices it.

We are freaking joking. It's the Leafs. The prospect they have pushed down everyone's throat all summer as the steal of the draft. The most obnoxious fanbase ever. My goodness.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
We should trade for him while his value is low. Who wouldn't want next Erik Karlsson.
Think Nolan Patrick would do it, or we have to throw in Gudas?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Horvat is closing in on a 6 year/$5.5M per year extension.

Just another example that bridge deals are dead. More evidence that our precious cap space and future should not include Wayne Simmonds. We have tons of young talent and will need to pay for it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just another example that bridge deals are dead. More evidence that our precious cap space and future should not include Wayne Simmonds. We have tons of young talent and will need to pay for it.

I think an apparent talking point for the next CBA might be a one time player/team option to re-do a contract through an arbitrator.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Have you seen how much capspace do we have? We literally just took two 5 mil capdumps in a trades and still have plenty of cap to spare. We will have plenty enough to resign Simmer. I just hope we give him higher AAV over term, kinda like Blues did with Steen and Stastny. I'm not interested to sign Oshie/Gaborik type of deal.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Have you seen how much capspace do we have? We literally just took two 5 mil capdumps in a trades and still have plenty of cap to spare. We will have plenty enough to resign Simmer. I just hope we give him higher AAV over term, kinda like Blues did with Steen and Stastny. I'm not interested to sign Oshie/Gaborik type of deal.

Ok, now run those numbers 3 years into Simmonds deal. How are we looking then? Not so great.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ok, now run those numbers 3 years into Simmonds deal. How are we looking then? Not so great.

3 seasons from now, entering year 2 in Simmonds's new contract, if all goes well (and I don't think this is especially rosy predicting) we could be looking at:

Provorov ELC --> $5.75-6 mil

Konecny ELC --> $4-4.5 mil

Patrick ELC --> $6-6.25 mil

Sanheim ELC --> $4.5 mil

Lindblom ELC --> $4.5-5 mil

One of Hagg/Morin ELC --> $2 mil (probable bridge, not a real concern tbh)

Myers who knows what could happen. Could be another potential long-term contract. Gudas's contract ends. Does he get a similar one? I don't want to write him off like some. I want to see what Weal does this year. There are a couple other prospects, though more shorter term depth signings. But that's only entering year 2, and our pool doesn't end there.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Guess it's a short term sale because after this year there will be no reason for his stuff to be orange and black. Unless he already has a job lined up at a Halloween store.

Here's hoping he reserved 23 for the Phantoms or these are already obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad