Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Playoffs Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's it. For me this feels like it finishes the book on the "Rock The Red" era of the Caps. It's over.

For all the flak SJ got the last several years, they at least saw the Finals and WCF. To be as annually good as the Caps have been in the regular season and not making it past the second round in 8 years sure is something.

What is even wrong with them? This transcends coaches, GMs, they've had a laundry list of players.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Problem is that realistically who could they trade them to? Don't know what team would be a fit player or cap wise.

If they put Backstrom on market they will get plenty of calls

Teams are always looking for #1 centers

Just look at interest in Duchene before he fell apart this year and he isn't even half the player Backstrom is

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, no team is going to trade for Ovi's contract. Unless it's some team like Montreal also blowing up their core.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
No. We dont have to ever do that.

nah, he's right.

I'm pretty sure 20 of us forum posters could lace em up and give the Caps hell with Sullivan behind the bench. They continue to get average NHLers and no-name AHLers to come up and make a significant impact when it matters. They did all of this without their best defenseman and goalie. It's disappointing but I don't see the Sens, Ducks, or Oilers beating them. Lavy is our only hope :laugh:

And I agree with Washington...I wonder what they'll do this offseason.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Caps need to add Joe Thornton, Joe and Ovechkin can figure it out together.. maybe? :popcorn:

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Watching that Caps game, i felt like i was watching the Flyers.

Great scoring chance? Better pass it.
We're going up against a historically un-clutch playoff goalie? Time to make him look like prime Hasek.
Oh ****, 5 minutes left and we're down 2? We gotta amp up the chip-and-chase strategy! And don't forget, we can't pull our goalie until there's just over a minute left!

What a waste of ****ing time. At least it wasn't actually the Flyers losing there.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Watching that Caps game, i felt like i was watching the Flyers.

Great scoring chance? Better pass it.
We're going up against a historically un-clutch playoff goalie? Time to make him look like prime Hasek.
Oh ****, 5 minutes left and we're down 2? We gotta amp up the chip-and-chase strategy! And don't forget, we can't pull our goalie until there's just over a minute left!

What a waste of ****ing time. At least it wasn't actually the Flyers losing there.

That 3rd period was truly an abomination.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If they put Backstrom on market they will get plenty of calls

Teams are always looking for #1 centers

Just look at interest in Duchene before he fell apart this year and he isn't even half the player Backstrom is
He's not the one they are going to want to get rid of though. Only way I see anyone taking Ovie though is if it's Florida or Arizona where they are desperate to sell tickets and want an attraction

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Im surprised they didnt challenge that. Caggiula pushed Theodore into Gibson. Puck may have been through Gibson already though.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He's not the one they are going to want to get rid of though. Only way I see anyone taking Ovie though is if it's Florida or Arizona where they are desperate to sell tickets and want an attraction

With Tallon back in charge the Panthers aren't going to gut roster to get Ovy

And Backstrom deserves as much blame as Ovechkin for years of failures in playoffs

Three times the Caps have won the Presidents trophy in recent years and they failed to get past 2nd round

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With Tallon back in charge the Panthers aren't going to gut roster to get Ovy

And Backstrom deserves as much blame as Ovechkin for years of failures in playoffs

Three times the Caps have won the Presidents trophy in recent years and they failed to get past 2nd round

And their prospect cupboard has cobwebs in it too. They are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad