Rumor: Mirtle and Seigel: Offers for Matt Roy could reach 6 million AAV, Leafs interested

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
According to Jonas Seigel and James Mirtle, offers for Matt Roy could reach 6 million AAV and the Leafs are interested although their top target is still Taneb.

Up front Domi and Bertuzzi look like they are going to market and the Leafs targets in terms of forwards are Debrusk, Perron and Jousha.

I think Perron has a pretty good chance to end up in Toronto if he hits the market Monday, he's been speaking very highly of both Berube and Marc Savard.

I don't want Jousha for the money he's going to get.

Debrusk I would LOVE especially if Bertuzzi leaves.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not really if it’s longer term the cap going up makes it much more attractive in years 2, 3 and 4.

A lot of people don’t get this concept and a salary like Nylander’s will look like a steal not long from now if he continues at his current level of play or even dips a bit.

The cap isn't going up nearly as much as you think it is lol.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
The reality is that the FA market requires teams to outbid other offers. So teams will always overpay. Always.

I don't think Roy is worth 6 million. But it's not totally unreasonable, and wouldn't panic if my team signed him for that.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
$6x6 is fine. This is the new reality.

I’d rather invest 6x6 in Roy than Pesce moving forward.

I think he’s got the most left to give of the super-defenders of this crop (Pesce, Roy, Tanev and DeMelo…obv DeMelo off the block now). Zadorov is a different type of defender so not really applicable. Same with Skjei and Montour. Carrier and Walker are not the same level, Walker is also more a poor man’s Skjei than a Roy alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad