Proposal: Minnesota - New Jersey

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
:wildAcquires: C/LW Pavel Zacha

:devilsAcquires: LW/RW Jordan Greenway

1 for 1 change of scenery hockey trade for players that haven’t lived up to expectations for their respective teams thus far.

Zacha could help the Wild down the middle if one of their centers get injured but would probably be on the wing unless Bjugstad moves to RW. Zacha kinda plays with a mean streak at times as well.

Greenway would bring some much needed size and reach to the Devils wing and could help with battles on the wall and in the corners.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fair value, but I would rather hold onto Greenway, as I suspect he has not done developing yet, and might be a beast when he does. At this point, MN is awash with bottom six C's with Bonino, Bjugstad, Johansson, Sturm, and JEE. I would rather trade for Mercer, myself.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Fair value, but I would rather hold onto Greenway, as I suspect he has not done developing yet, and might be a beast when he does. At this point, MN is awash with bottom six C's with Bonino, Bjugstad, Johansson, Sturm, and JEE. I would rather trade for Mercer, myself.
Good luck with that.

Reactions: hidek91

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
It's been made clear, that Guerin wants to see how Greenway performs this upcoming season before making a decision on Greenway.

Also Minnesota has already traded away too many/ or the depth they had at w no longer exist with trade of donato and kunin.

Minnesota currently doesn't have room for pavel with Marco Rossi, Joel Eriksson ek, N.Sturm, Nick Bonino. & N.Bj & victor rask

Also Minnesota doesn't need anymore LW wingers. Greenway has position flexibility also & with his cheap new contract, don't see Greenway getting traded anytime soon

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
To be honest, if that happened, I wouldn't hate that trade but I don't think it makes us much better.
Greenway may not make the Devils much better but would give New Jersey a much needed big man in front of the net and on the walls to win pick battles against the metropolitan divisions big men.

The Devils forwards are very small and can easily be pushed off the puck in the corners and on the walls. They could use a big man or two at forward.

Zacha has somewhat of a mean streak but is counted on for being more of a scorer then a physical presence in New Jersey.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
It's been made clear, that Guerin wants to see how Greenway performs this upcoming season before making a decision on Greenway.

Also Minnesota has already traded away too many/ or the depth they had at w no longer exist with trade of donato and kunin.

Minnesota currently doesn't have room for pavel with Marco Rossi, Joel Eriksson ek, N.Sturm, Nick Bonino. & N.Bj & victor rask

Also Minnesota doesn't need anymore LW wingers. Greenway has position flexibility also & with his cheap new contract, don't see Greenway getting traded anytime soon
I’d want to see more of Greenway as well if I were a new incoming GM.
Not sure how Guerin sees Greenway but by the looks of Guerin’s retool on the fly in Minnesota he is looking at adding players that are defensive but also quick on the transition.

Greenway is a good 2-way player and can see the ice well for a big man, he is also a decent skater for a player of his stature, so I could see why it would be difficult to consider parting with a player that Minnesota spent time in developing.

I believe Zacha wouldn’t be a bad option for Minnesota though as the Wild do have other big forwards and somewhat of a traditional 4th line with Foligno and Hartman on the wings. Zacha could potentially bring some scoring for a bottom 6 player but that remains to be seen.
The Wild do have many parts that can be shifted around so it wouldn’t be much of a problem if Zacha were on a wing or at center. For optimal scoring I’d choose Zacha as more of a LWer but in a more defensive role I’d play him as a center.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Similar level players right now. I’ll keep the guy thats 6’6 and can hopefully someday figure out how to physically impose others, though.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I’d want to see more of Greenway as well if I were a new incoming GM.
Not sure how Guerin sees Greenway but by the looks of Guerin’s retool on the fly in Minnesota he is looking at adding players that are defensive but also quick on the transition.

Greenway is a good 2-way player and can see the ice well for a big man, he is also a decent skater for a player of his stature, so I could see why it would be difficult to consider parting with a player that Minnesota spent time in developing.

I believe Zacha wouldn’t be a bad option for Minnesota though as the Wild do have other big forwards and somewhat of a traditional 4th line with Foligno and Hartman on the wings. Zacha could potentially bring some scoring for a bottom 6 player but that remains to be seen.
The Wild do have many parts that can be shifted around so it wouldn’t be much of a problem if Zacha were on a wing or at center. For optimal scoring I’d choose Zacha as more of a LWer but in a more defensive role I’d play him as a center.

Wild have zero, & I mean zero room on lw

Jordan Greenway was just resigned to 2 years contract extension a few weeks ago with Guerin making it clear he wants to see Greenway for 1 more seasons before making a decision

1c: Marco Rossi, Marcus Johansson, or Joel Eriksson ek
2c: Joel Eriksson ek , Marcus Johansson, or Nick Bonino
3c: Nick Bonino or Joel Eriksson ek
4c: N.sturm or Victor Rask

Wing
Parise / Kaprizov, Fiala
Kaprizov, Parise/ Zuccarello
Marcus Johansson/ Jordan Greenway
Marcus foligno/ Ryan Hartman

Wild have no room for Pavel . Wild also don't need anymore LW or Wingers

Jordan Greenway can at least play C/ LW / or RW much like Coyle

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Wild have zero, & I mean zero room on lw

Jordan Greenway was just resigned to 2 years contract extension a few weeks ago with Guerin making it clear he wants to see Greenway for 1 more seasons before making a decision

1c: Marco Rossi, Marcus Johansson, or Joel Eriksson ek
2c: Joel Eriksson ek , Marcus Johansson, or Nick Bonino
3c: Nick Bonino or Joel Eriksson ek
4c: N.sturm or Victor Rask

Wing
Parise / Kaprizov, Fiala
Kaprizov, Parise/ Zuccarello
Marcus Johansson/ Jordan Greenway
Marcus foligno/ Ryan Hartman

Wild have no room for Pavel . Wild also don't need anymore LW or Wingers

Jordan Greenway can at least play C/ LW / or RW much like Coyle
May i just say that I’m not sure if you’ve seen Mojo play the last 2 seasons but if Minnesota is planning on playing Johansson at center then the Wild are going to be in for a terrible season.

Johansson used to be a decent center but that time has come and gone, MoJo is more of a complementary defensive winger at this stage of his career.

You also have high expectations for Rossi as a rookie 1C as you should being a fan of the Wild but he might have to earn 1C first which shouldn’t be too much of a problem seeing as Minnesota doesn’t have a 1C or even a 2C.

If Nick Bjugstad is healthy and his strength has returned then I would say he is probably the best option for 1C in Minnesota to start the 20-21 season.

If Rossi doesn’t beat out one of Bjugstad 1C, Bonino 2C or Eriksson EK 3C then I would expect him to be returned to the OHL for atleast 1 season, why burn Rossi to the fire.

Greenway is a versatile player but needs to show he can play on the wing first before he is shown an opportunity as a center.

Zazha has played more as a center but can play on the wing but if he were with the Wild it would be as a center since that is more suited for Zacha.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Isn't Zacha the same age as Greenway? Not sure why 1 would have more room for development and the other would be a finished product.

Reactions: qqaz

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
It's a very good proposal, but as an admirer of defensive players, I do like what Greenway has managed to do. Not only is he a plus player in a mediocre Wild team, but he also managed to stay actual net positive (GF-GA) while being tossed around in all kinds of "exotic" lines.

His on-ice metrics in 5-5 are developing even better:
upload_2020-11-16_11-53-0.png

Reactions: Oneiro

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Eriksson Ek is getting no love in this thread. Him and Bonino are the clear Top 2 options for Minnesota at C. JEE is a very good defensive C with solid 5v5 scoring. If he inherits Staal and Koivu’s PP time he should score around 50 points.

Reactions: Aurinko

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

I'd want to hold onto Zacha for the same reason - I don't think he's done developing yet and I want to see how he plays under Ruff.

And Mercer's not going anywhere. He can certainly make Zacha expendable in another season or two though.

Reactions: MakoSlade

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
May i just say that I’m not sure if you’ve seen Mojo play the last 2 seasons but if Minnesota is planning on playing Johansson at center then the Wild are going to be in for a terrible season.

Johansson used to be a decent center but that time has come and gone, MoJo is more of a complementary defensive winger at this stage of his career.

You also have high expectations for Rossi as a rookie 1C as you should being a fan of the Wild but he might have to earn 1C first which shouldn’t be too much of a problem seeing as Minnesota doesn’t have a 1C or even a 2C.

If Nick Bjugstad is healthy and his strength has returned then I would say he is probably the best option for 1C in Minnesota to start the 20-21 season.

If Rossi doesn’t beat out one of Bjugstad 1C, Bonino 2C or Eriksson EK 3C then I would expect him to be returned to the OHL for atleast 1 season, why burn Rossi to the fire.

Greenway is a versatile player but needs to show he can play on the wing first before he is shown an opportunity as a center.

Zazha has played more as a center but can play on the wing but if he were with the Wild it would be as a center since that is more suited for Zacha.
Rossi won't be the 1C to start but he'll likely be in the top 9. If not, he'll be returned to Zurich.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Don't hate it but Bratt / Zacha / Gusev was the best Devils line before the Covid stoppage. Don't see Devils moving Zacha for another year at least, and with Zajac on the way out I prefer keeping the center.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad