Minnesota 2024-2025 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Iowa Heartlanders)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Forsbergaura21

Jul 20, 2024
Daemon Hunt - thoughts on him?

Does he have shot to make nhl team this season?

What’s his long term upside?

Mod Edit: Old thread can be found here:

Last edited by a moderator:

saywut

Jun 11, 2009

I'd say Hunt and Crotty are locked in as the AHL call-up options to open the season, significant gap at this point between them and the rest but things can change. IF Chisholm's defensive game becomes an issue(or injuries) I could see Hunt becoming a full-time option as a Merrill-Bogosian pair is extremely limited, but Hunt's not a big upside player, unlikely a PP option, and with the addition of Buium at the draft he might get squeezed of a roster spot next year too.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Outside shot to make the team, as he would have to supplant Chisholm or Merrill, as i think that they would prefer he gets big minutes down in the AHL than #7D minutes in the NHL.

I think he has a shot to be a middle pairing guy. It all depends on whether he plateaus, or continues to develop. Remember that he's still only 22 yo(won't turn 23 till after next season). Middleton didn't play anything like a full season till he was 26 yo.

Reactions: Forsbergaura21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad