Confirmed Trade: [MIN/VGK] Alex Tuch to Vegas for a Cond. 3rd and selecting Erik Haula

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Absolutely. Vegas off to a bad start with McPhee overthinking ever thing and not doing the obvious.

You haven't thought about this enough.

If Vegas don't agree to this deal before the freeze, the Wild could have moved two LHD, gone 7-3-1 and protected Dumba.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Just horrendous. Saw Haula and thought, "wow let's see the haul, must be a 1st ++". Nope. Tuch, who is not worth anywhere close to a 1st and looks to be a bust candidate AND vegas paid a 3rd. Laughable. I'm actually mad about this. Come on Vegas, you were soooo close to having a good draft. We totally would have looked past the whole Nosek thing if it weren't for this

lol what the **** are you talking about. I know Leafs fans don't watch much hockey toher than the Leafs but come on. Tuch is good. I wouldn't bat and eye with someone liking him more than Dumba and Scandella is 27 and most likely won't be in his prime when Vegas is contending.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
lol what the **** are you talking about. I know Leafs fans don't watch much hockey toher than the Leafs but come on. Tuch is good. I wouldn't bat and eye with someone liking him more than Dumba and Scandella is 27 and most likely won't be in his prime when Vegas is contending.

You got me there, every Leafs fan only watches the Leafs. We actually aren't allowed to purchase Centre Ice or Gamecentre :shakehead

Tuch is good based on one game you saw of him against an awful team? Good analysis bud. He'll be a lazy bottom 6 player his entire career.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tuch played a handful of games with the Wild. Some nights ( I.e. Against WPG) he looked like one of the best players on the ice. Others, one of the worst. Some nights he wasn't noticeable.

One would almost think that he was a 20 yo rookie.

No one knows if he is going to be a future star or a bust. My money is on him being a middle six guy. Great size and shot. Good skill. Needs to work on his feet.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
You got me there, every Leafs fan only watches the Leafs. We actually aren't allowed to purchase Centre Ice or Gamecentre :shakehead

Tuch is good based on one game you saw of him against an awful team? Good analysis bud. He'll be a lazy bottom 6 player his entire career.
And your analysis is based off of....?

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Erik Haula isnt top 6 material, so Vegas dont realy him. They can have similar players from others teams too. Haula isnt valuable in this trade. Matt Dumba was thir premiere man, the asset they would need to build this team. I they would give up Dumba for a prospect like Kaprizov, I would understand but Tuch isnt in this category. Mcphee has been fool with his best asset. You cant forget that.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Erik Haula isnt top 6 material, so Vegas dont realy him. They can have similar players from others teams too. Haula isnt valuable in this trade. Matt Dumba was thir premiere man, the asset they would need to build this team. I they would give up Dumba for a prospect like Kaprizov, I would understand but Tuch isnt in this category. Mcphee has been fool with his best asset. You cant forget that.

Except as reported by Russo the deal was done pre roster freeze, it just didn't leak.

Brodin or Dumba get's traded if there isn't a deal done, and McPhee never has a shot at them.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Except as reported by Russo the deal was done pre roster freeze, it just didn't leak.

Brodin or Dumba get's traded if there isn't a deal done, and McPhee never has a shot at them.

I dont knew that, its a good information to know. Then, the Wild still have 5 quality dmen on bank initially to protect: Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba and Scandella. I would like one of them but I understand

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver

Yeah you're in bed lol. It's night night when the west plays. He looked really good to me. You claiming he's a bust is laughable. It just shows how ignorant your comment is. Anybody who's watched Tuch will know he has serious potential.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I dont knew that, its a good information to know. Then, the Wild still have 5 quality dmen on bank initially to protect: Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba and Scandella. I would like one of them but I understand

They're still probaby trading one(Scandella.)

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Tuch is not busting. Lacking intensity is one thing, but 37 points in 57 games as a 20 year old in the AHL is nothing to scoff at. Here's a couple Tuch goals:

Edit: Tried pasting the URLs at the time of the goals but I guess it didn't work. They're in there though folks.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Not sure where this Tuch is a bust stuff comes from.
He'll be a NHL fixture.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Don't expect him to become a star, but a solid middle 6 wing seems like a great bet.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Yeah you're in bed lol. It's night night when the west plays. He looked really good to me. You claiming he's a bust is laughable. It just shows how ignorant your comment is. Anybody who's watched Tuch will know he has serious potential.

I live in Calgary...

I have watched him on several occasions on different stages since before he was drafted and each time he was wildly inconsistent shift to shift and seemed disinterested when he wasn't on offence/didn't have the puck. The guy has no drive. You won't succeed in the NHL on just pure skill and size alone. Hopefully he figures out and gets his butt in gear but i'm not holding my breath.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Russo said on a local radio station that LV had the choice of Kaprizov, Greenway or Tuch as the prospect.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Woah i would have had Kaprizov up there with Ek, Kunin down with Tuch and Greenway.

must be the russian factor.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Woah i would have had Kaprizov up there with Ek, Kunin down with Tuch and Greenway.

must be the russian factor.

Yeah, I get that there's some moderate risk of him staying in Russia, but he is absolutely a player we should be taking that risk on.

Whatever, glad it didn't play out that way.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Yeah, I get that there's some moderate risk of him staying in Russia, but he is absolutely a player we should be taking that risk on.

Whatever, glad it didn't play out that way.

likewise. Like Dumba he's something unique in our system.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He is absolutely not a blue chip prospect. Eriksson EK, Kunin, Kaprizov and Greenway all passed him on the Wild's organizational depth chart.

And Russo on the Radio just disproved that...

The Wild gave Vegas the CHOICE of Kaprizov, Greenway and Tuch. Yet Vegas chose Tuch.

Go figure, they chose 1 blue chip prospect over two others... and he happened to be the one proving the most closest to NHL level.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
From Russo...

Fletcher made clear he explained to center Eric Staal when left unprotected that he was confident the veteran center was safe from being protected. "We had this arrangement with Vegas [for Haula] now for close to a week," Fletcher said. "So I was able to talk to Eric early on, and I don't Eric was ever in danger of not being with our club."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad