Confirmed Trade: [MIN/OTT] Marc Hagel for Future Considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
[OTT/MIN] MIN trades Marc Hagel to OTT for future considerations

Mckay

One does not simply... Ooo Coffee.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
I was not aware that "Future Considerations" were still a thing.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
My guess would be that the Sens specifically asked about him rather than MIN needing a contract spot. Binghamton just lost two AHL veterans in Robinson and Stortini in the Wingels trade. Not to mention, apparently Binghamton's coach Kurt Kleinendorst coached Hagel previously for the Iowa Wild. It adds up to the Sens possibly being the ones who orchestrated this trade.

In short, I am saying I don't think this is a first domino so to speak. I don't think this is the Wild opening up a spot to do something bigger.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I just never get moves like this. I figure the Sens have better guys already in their system, and why not save that contract spot?

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Hagel has only played 26 games this year for the Iowa Wild, likely due to the Wild having too many vets and the vet exception rule. As mentioned by danielpalfredsson above, the Sens just moved out two AHL vets in Robinson and Stortini and likely wanted to fill that void somewhat. Kleindorst knows Hagel from his days with the Wild. Minnesota opens up a contract slot which might be a big deal, but they already had 2 slots anyways (Mike Russo believes this brings them down to 47 contracts).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hagel had no future with the Wild. Sens AHL coach gets a guy he knows that can play his system without much adjustment.

The trade could also be looking out for the best interests of the player.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
can any MIN fan provide some info on him...?

Small, speedy AHL winger from Hamilton. That's pretty much all there is to know. Don't put any hope into him cracking your NHL lineup.

Maybe he requested to be traded closer to home?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Leafs won't be happy as he was there number one target heard they offer 2017 first round pick Gardner/Jvr.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Im wondering if AHL players like Hagel can ask for a trade to a team closer to home etc and if its likely that it will happen if they ask? Im not saying its the case in this trade but in general it gotta be easier to ask for a trade for family reasons etc if you are a career AHL player with no value? Anyone know if this is something that happens regularly in the AHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad