Prospect Info: Mikhail Sergachev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Good move, the NHL game is ahead of where he's at right now, a year back in junior and maybe some AHL time to start next year and he will be ready. He is a PMD and clearly was either unable to do it against NHL talent or feared making a mistake and being glued to the bench. I applaud Bergevin for saying he did not want him to change his game, we really need him to be our next great PMD.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Can someone more knowledgeable estimate exactly how much he made during his stay here ? It would be fun to know.
The min NHL player makes is 650k I think...which is around 8k per game...he was up for 9 games...so he made around 70k for a months work? Give or take...

Edit...didn't realize he was at 950k.............wow

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Exactly. IDK why people panic. + he prolly spent some valuable time with the team, training, restaurant, hotels etc

Seemed like he really bonded with the other Russian guys too. I'm sure they gave him some solid tips on what to work on this year and what he needs to do if he wants to make the team next year.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Seemed like he really bonded with the other Russian guys too. I'm sure they gave him some solid tips on what to work on this year and what he needs to do if he wants to make the team next year.

I think he was a locker room cancer and they sent him back, that kind of thing happens you know.:laugh:

member 256847

exactly.

they were. they were reacting like they do to almost every single move management makes. As if we're the most incompetent organization ever. it's really annoying.

if people really can't see the benefits of him staying up even if he's not playing then I'm sorry I just can't be bothered.

If people think him missing 5-6 more OHL games then he would've had he been sent down when he 'should have been' is really some colossal misstep and is going to derail his development then maybe it's time to just settle down and think for a bit.

He's going to be playing in the Memorial Cup. he can miss a few games to learn how pros act and prepare. Do people really need to be told this? Sorry if I'm pissy about this but come on. This whole hypothetially inept at every turn management that's been conjured up just needs to learn some boundaries.

As far as Sergachev himself, he looked shakey and just not ready but man oh man is he going to be good. His stick-handling and passing really shocked me. Dude really is the complete package.

My only complaint is I wish he was a Centerman lol.

It's true that he has the perfect skillset to be an excellent playmaking C.

I hope they play him on the left side this year though. That's where he'll be most valuable for the Habs.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
- Wins OHL defenseman of the year
- Gets drafted 9th Overall
- Cracks the NHL line-up
- Plays his first NHL game
- Practices, travels, hangs out with, and learns from NHL professionals
- Wil play in the Subway Series for Rusia
- Will play at the WJC
- Will play in the Memorial Cup

* And if Habs make it deep into the playoffs, ECF or SCF, he can join the team again.

What a year for the Sergeant.
And what a year it will be for an 18 year old (19 year old at year's end in June)! I'm 19 now and all I've got to my name is a whole lotta student debt and stress overload from trying to make it to Med School...

Sergachev definitely wasn't ready for the NHL yet, but it's good he stuck this long, gaining some very valuable experience on what it takes to be a pro NHL player. Got to practice, travel, and have some fun with the team, and got to be around some of the best in the business.

Last edited:

SNMU

Oct 31, 2016
Just read about this. Makes Windsor even stronger for hosting the mem cup. At least that's I how read this. Oh and the Russian junior squad at Christmas.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's fine.Sergachev is not a core player of that window we currently have.He'll be a cornerstone (hopefully) of the next window in 5-6 years.

Remember, defensemen don't hit their peak until their late-20s and early 30s.A defenseman is probably at his best at 28-33.This is 10 years from now for Sergachev.Keep it slow.Let him dominate and find another gear in junior.Let him taste total domination of a league.That way, he'll have a "mental reference of what's it's like to destroy a league" while in his NHL prime.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's fine.Sergachev is not a core player of that window we currently have.He'll be a cornerstone (hopefully) of the next window in 5-6 years.

Remember, defensemen don't hit their peak until their late-20s and early 30s.A defenseman is probably at his best at 28-33.This is 10 years from now for Sergachev.Keep it slow.Let him dominate and find another gear in junior.Let him taste total domination of a league.That way, he'll have a "mental reference of what's it's like to destroy a league" while in his NHL prime.

Had we had a cup contending team, 20 yo Subban would've been a key part of it. I think Sergachev can be solid like that. Not saying he can be a top 10D like Subban was almost straight away, but he can be real good real young.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's the best situation really, he got to get his feet wet, see what the pro game is like and now go back to a memorial cup run. For a very young 18 year old that's all super experience, far more than I initially though he would get when we picked him last June.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Took long enough.
Should have sent him back after his last game played.
He's not learning anything sitting in the press box.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
so you think he will learn to cope practicing? play him like other teams play their young guys or send him back to junior. These clowns have ruined the confidence of enough guys!!!!!! playing at home and against a team full of young guys is the perfect time to play him. I could understand against Philly and maybe Tampa but this is now BS. Guessing MT wants to turn him into a better man.

Throw his ass to the wolves!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well, this thread seems to have been answered ...

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The kid just earned 100k for getting to hang out with a NHL team, I do not see any negative here, it was a good gesture for a highly coveted first round pick. I applaud what Bergevin did for Serg.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
He should have been playing or sent down, I understand the argument for keeping him around, and I may be wrong, but him going down was the right thing to do at some point.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No kidding, what a year. Sounds tiring though haha.

I was out of breath typing that. :sarcasm:

And what a year it will be for an 18 year old (19 year old at year's end in June)! I'm 19 now and all I've got to my name is a whole lotta student debt and stress overload from trying to make it to Med School...

Sergachev definitely wasn't ready for the NHL yet, but it's good he stuck this long, gaining some very valuable experience on what it takes to be a pro NHL player. Got to practice, travel, and have some fun with the team, and got to be around some of the best in the business.

At 19 (now 33), I was working full time to help my folks pay the bills (immigrant parents with immigrant type jobs) while my sisters were studying. And this kid's accomplshed so much. But enough of our son stories.

To top it all off, he came from Russia a year and a half ago barely speaking English. And he already wants to learn French. Thumbs up to the kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd bring him back for the playoffs if he's ready. Not looking forward with Markov and Emelin in our top 4 for the playoffs, hopefully Bergevin trades for someone.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm glad he's sent back, don't want him sitting too long but I'm sure he learned a lot even when he wasn't playing just that for an 18 year old you don't want him not getting ice for too long. Now he'll get to play a ton and hopefully next year he is ready to make the jump. Really would like to see a Markov Sergachev pairing next year if possible.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Good move, the NHL game is ahead of where he's at right now, a year back in junior and maybe some AHL time to start next year and he will be ready. He is a PMD and clearly was either unable to do it against NHL talent or feared making a mistake and being glued to the bench. I applaud Bergevin for saying he did not want him to change his game, we really need him to be our next great PMD.

He is not eligible for the AHL next season, either.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
God damn. His base contract is $950, 000. Divided by 9 games = $102,777. :amazed::amazed:

I mean he still has to pay tax on it but still.....god damn

Also escrow, agent and other stuff. But he is a 9th round pick and he's playing in junior while others are still in the NHL. You have to give him the carrot too not just the stick.

Can someonet tell me how many 9+ drafts from last year are playing full time in the NHL ?

I was also interested in this -- from my understanding players salary are divided by 180 days (there are 180 days in the regular season) and then are paid twice per month.

I divided $950 000 by 180 days = $5 278

He stayed in Montreal for 19 regular season days if I am not mistaken which means $5 278 x 19 = $100 282

So you guys were closed enough!

I'm guessing he has to pay around 50% in taxes so he's left with about $50 000. Take out escrow, player agent fees and he's probably down to $35 000 or so.

He's probably burned a bunch of it already as any teenager with a newly found fortunate would do (maybe a car, clothes, restaurants, bars, video games, etc) so I am guessing he is going back to Windsor with $15 000 or $20 000 in his bank account.

Don't forget his signing bonus too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad