Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence and child abuse

Sep 19, 2008
Man if I got paid millions I would have no temper. What a f***ing dumbass pissing away all that money just because he wants to get violent.

"We're paying you a shitload, don't hit anyone, don't assault anyone, don't kill anyone."

Sep 19, 2008
Olivia Finestead, the 24-year-old mother of Clevinger’s child, told The Athletic on Tuesday that she has been in contact with individuals from MLB’s Department of Investigations since this summer. According to Finestead, she has detailed to those investigators incidents of physical, verbal and emotional abuse, including an incident from last June in which Finestead said Clevinger choked her, and another about two weeks later when she said Clevinger slapped her in a hotel room when the team was playing the Dodgers and threw used chewing tobacco on their child.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Olivia Finestead, the 24-year-old mother of Clevinger’s child, told The Athletic on Tuesday that she has been in contact with individuals from MLB’s Department of Investigations since this summer. According to Finestead, she has detailed to those investigators incidents of physical, verbal and emotional abuse, including an incident from last June in which Finestead said Clevinger choked her, and another about two weeks later when she said Clevinger slapped her in a hotel room when the team was playing the Dodgers and threw used chewing tobacco on their child.

And it has taken this long to get anywhere?

Reactions: Voight

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
9F5037DF-CF8C-47E3-B0E2-3261BD3BEE89.jpeg

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

Reminds me of that time I kept swimming in that pond with the gator

He just wouldn't stop biting me, and putting me in death rolls

I figured the attacks would stop once I told the park rangers about it, but that damn gator just kept doing it each time I got back in the water!

So, what I eventually did to solve the problem - which is what I should've done after the first attack - was to stop returning to swim in the pond with the gator

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Reminds me of that time I kept swimming in that pond with the gator

He just wouldn't stop biting me, and putting me in death rolls

I figured the attacks would stop once I told the park rangers about it, but that damn gator just kept doing it each time I got back in the water!

So, what I eventually did to solve the problem - which is what I should've done after the first attack - was to stop returning to swim in the pond with the gator
Not saying the allegations are true. But it’s not a good idea to place blame on an alleged victim for continuing to sustain abuse rather than blame the alleged perpetrator for doing the abuse.

Also, you can’t expect an alligator to not attack you. It’s his instinct as a small-brained animal. You should expect more from a human.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Since I don't know what happened, I refrain from any comments with regard to the allegations. However, after reading what Ms Finestead chose to publish via her Instagram account, she seems on a mission to destroy Clevinger's reputation as completely as possible. I am just glad my parents behaved in a different way...

Gruß,
BSHH

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Since I don't know what happened, I refrain from any comments with regard to the allegations. However, after reading what Ms Finestead chose to publish via her Instagram account, she seems on a mission to destroy Clevinger's reputation as completely as possible. I am just glad my parents behaved in a different way...

Gruß,
BSHH

This is the same route that Evander Kane's former wife took. I think it's the younger generation's way of trying to drum up the support of the public by using social media like this.

Reactions: BSHH

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Not saying the allegations are true. But it’s not a good idea to place blame on an alleged victim for continuing to sustain abuse rather than blame the alleged perpetrator for doing the abuse.

Also, you can’t expect an alligator to not attack you. It’s his instinct as a small-brained animal. You should expect more from a human.

I'm not blaming the victim for the alleged attack, I'm pointing out that it appears she could have taken action to ensure her own well-being sooner than she did

Correct, you can't expect an alligator to not attack you

So, how many beatings would have been realistic for her to take before realizing that about Clevinger?

Last edited:

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I'm not blaming the victim for the alleged attack, I'm pointing out that it appears she could have taken actions to ensure her own well-being sooner than she did

Correct, you can't expect an alligator to not attack you

So, how many beatings would have been realistic for her to take before realizing that about Clevinger?
I don’t know. How’s about you go to an abused women’s shelter and ask them.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Dude willing went to The Citadel at one point, so if true wouldn't surprise me. The hazing freshman year makes a lot of cadets seem like it's fine to do with your family as well. But innocent til proven guilty.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Anyone who chooses to look like that, I’m not gonna be surprised if they turn out to be an actual dirtbag in real life. Innocent until proven guilty and all that

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why wasn't Law Enforcement investigating this

If the alleged victim reported this it to police, he probably would have been arrested on the spot. They do no tplay around when it comes to DV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad