Value of: mid Sept latest on Eichel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I didn't want to go dig back for a thread.
this is not directly applicable to any existing Eichel to a specific team thread.

I just saw this this am via Yardbarker:
Sabres forward Jack Eichel stripped of captaincy | Yardbarker

Stripping of captaincy is no big whoop --- a small one maybe, but certainly not a big one.

However, the ongoing impasse over refusal to yield to player on his choice of surgery means we remain status quo for the foreseeable future.

I am loathe to even create this thread as anticipation is Sabes will still ask for the moon as if Eich were fully healthy and productive on all cylinders, and feeling the need to push back b'c that is factually not the case, all offers will continue to remain low.

However, as a champion of free speech, I thought let's give this a shot.

This thread is created to = a forum for discussion, including value, including how that is impacted by the facts as stated above and as they may change subject to update.

Again, I have no interest in Eichel for NYR b'c upside of reward would have to reflect risk, and that would mean no bluest blue chips to be surrendered [as NY does not have a surplus beyond internal needs] and therefore we are looking at a core of a 1st + other conditional 1sts based on his availability and performance.

I expect ultimately Sabes will smarten up, they will cave on JE choice of surgery, we will wait and see how that goes, and after a period of assessment, which we all hope for player's sake is positive, we can then see upgraded offers for Eich based on his factually improved condition. Not before.

Reactions: McJedi and kinghock

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Close it.

why?
b'c you don't like how Sabes are getting their collective head handed to them, and deservedly so, for the choices they made which everyone is suffering through?

I said months ago,
Sabes
bend, buckle and break
and admit player, not club, is entitled to decide medical procedure.
period.

Sabes refused, and continue to refuse.
And they will reap what they sow until that changes.

Good!

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
why?
b'c you don't like how Sabes are getting their collective head handed to them, and deservedly so, for the choices they made which everyone is suffering through?

I said months ago,
Sabes
bend, buckle and break
and admit player, not club, is entitled to decide medical procedure.
period.

Sabes refused, and continue to refuse.
And they will reap what they sow until that changes.

Good!
Whatever, this topic is beaten to death. We don’t need another thread full of your long winded, delusional Ranger offers for a player you shit on. We have enough already.

You can’t force a fan base to accept your offers. Get over it.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I didn't want to go dig back for a thread.
this is not directly applicable to any existing Eichel to a specific team thread.

I just saw this this am via Yardbarker:
Sabres forward Jack Eichel stripped of captaincy | Yardbarker

Stripping of captaincy is no big whoop --- a small one maybe, but certainly not a big one.

However, the ongoing impasse over refusal to yield to player on his choice of surgery means we remain status quo for the foreseeable future.

I am loathe to even create this thread as anticipation is Sabes will still ask for the moon as if Eich were fully healthy and productive on all cylinders, and feeling the need to push back b'c that is factually not the case, all offers will continue to remain low.

However, as a champion of free speech, I thought let's give this a shot.

This thread is created to = a forum for discussion, including value, including how that is impacted by the facts as stated above and as they may change subject to update.

Again, I have no interest in Eichel for NYR b'c upside of reward would have to reflect risk, and that would mean no bluest blue chips to be surrendered [as NY does not have a surplus beyond internal needs] and therefore we are looking at a core of a 1st + other conditional 1sts based on his availability and performance.

I expect ultimately Sabes will smarten up, they will cave on JE choice of surgery, we will wait and see how that goes, and after a period of assessment, which we all hope for player's sake is positive, we can then see upgraded offers for Eich based on his factually improved condition. Not before.

get some facts corrrct here

1 didn’t pass physical

2. he wants a surgery muliple doctors do not approve

3. doing unapproved surgery will impact contract insurance the sabres have paid for.

4. Captaincy is not stripped. It’s re approved every season. The captain needs to p,Ayers for the team. If he’s not playing for team he doesn’t get captaincy

5. him refusing to follow medical advise could lead to suspension and him not getting accruedseason tolling NMC.

Reactions: LongWayDown37

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
not only does he now have a zero percent chance of ever playing for Buffalo again, the GM's ego and poor handling of the situation pretty much tanked any value they thought they were planning to get in any trade anytime soon

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
As a Habs fan I would offer Caufield for Eichel straight up. I’m sure Buffalo would demand additional picks+prospects. The reality is that if Buffalo wants full value for Eichel, they will have to wait for him to have surgery and be back to his old self after.

Reactions: bernmeister

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Meh. Sabres have plenty of time to deal Eichel. Seeing as there is zero plan to compete for anything other than last place.....again.....why trade Eichel now for a bunch of scrubs? I don't see how that benefits anyone other than Eichel and the team getting Eichel. I suppose if Eichel sits out the year and he's still around when his NTC kicks in, we'll have another challenge - but he should be health by then. What's worse to deal with, an unknown neck injury or a NTC?

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
As a Habs fan I would offer Caufield for Eichel straight up. I’m sure Buffalo would demand additional picks+prospects. The reality is that if Buffalo wants full value for Eichel, they will have to wait for him to have surgery and be back to his old self after.
Caufield + isn't the worst base for a deal. It's still nowhere near "full value", but at this point Buffalo will certainly have to settle for less.

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
Note to my fellow Sabres fans:
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad