Movies: Megalopolis

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Based purely on what is on line and people involved in the actual making of this movie. It was shit show behind the scenes. Several people involved in the movie suggest FFC was smoking lots of "herbal" cigarettes and would change his mind every few minutes and cause massive delays. Actors were complaining about lack of direction for their characters and how they were called to set but did nothing for days on end.

FFC announced this movie right after he did "The Outsiders". in 1983

The fact there were several lawsuits filed during and after production is interesting and when you have so many people going on record about the shoot went is interesting

Reactions: Rob

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Based purely on what is on line and people involved in the actual making of this movie. It was shit show behind the scenes. Several people involved in the movie suggest FFC was smoking lots of "herbal" cigarettes and would change his mind every few minutes and cause massive delays. Actors were complaining about lack of direction for their characters and how they were called to set but did nothing for days on end.

FFC announced this movie right after he did "The Outsiders". in 1983

The fact there were several lawsuits filed during and after production is interesting and when you have so many people going on record about the shoot went is interesting

This sounds crazy. I wonder if it will be a bigger mess than the filming of The Island of Dr. Moreau.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What are these actors and agents of actors thinking?

"Hey Adam Driver, do you want to be in a Francis Ford Coppola movie? It's a passion project for the 84 year old director who hasn't made a good movie since "Bram Stoker's Dracula" in 1992."

Is it really better for their careers to just take the paycheck even if the movie is a total flop? Not my world but it seems like such an obvious bad choice from the outside looking in.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Reading stuff on line? Francis Ford Coppola is going to take another beating to his bank account. Sounds like he mortgaged everything he had to make this movie. His wife of 61 years died earlier in the year and wonder if that caused him to go a bit crazy

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I’ve stayed away from reading anything meaningful about it, haven’t watched the trailer. After I watch the film I will likely cast a 10/10 review on IMDb no matter what

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Wow didn't even reach lower end of estimates ($5-7M forecast after awful opening day) amid horrendous reviews both critically and from audiences

An outright bomb can be only description here. And its theatrical release is more costly given # of Imax screens it's on

Does Imax have right to pull plug on films early in their theaters if they are bombing? Or do they have to take hit of empty theaters until agreed window closes hoping that distributor pulls movie ASAP to open screens in situation like this

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I've been seeing a lot of ads for it. They've been pushing it hard on Twitter.

Even with the bad reviews I'm surprised it only did 4M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad