GDT: Mediocre storms collide | Tropical Depressions vs. Bolts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Well, you seem to be in favor of winning meaningless games and finishing 9th every year. I am not. It doesn't work. Ask Florida/Calgary/etc..

I"m facinated by this concept you have...where a game(s) you lose becomes "meaningless" because you lost it and wind up 9th because of that loss, but if that same game had been won it would have secured a playoff berth. Hmm, that game sounds pretty meaningful to me, actually. This has happened twice since 09.

What you say I'm in favor of really doesn't jive with any reality, unless you believe that those 9th place finishes were pre-destined. Do you believe the Fates dictate these outcomes game-by-game?...or only season finished teamwise. Curious notion, but I don't believe I'll sign-up for it.

Look at reality past a paper roster. This team aquired one of the best players in hockey, Semin (and JStaal) and yet this team is losing again and scoring is abysmal. Offense is abysmal in terms of pressure, maintaining momentum, and collapsing, and Semin has been working his butt off and playing a well-rounded game since he arrived. There are 3 more lines that are junk, and playing a losers' game. You think adding 1 skillset that may or may not pan out is going to change the culture that is at the heart of things? Good luck with that.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
If you don't shoot THAT puck, you're just not ready to win games. Jesus, that was wide open and no one between him and Bishop. WTF.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If you don't shoot THAT puck, you're just not ready to win games. Jesus, that was wide open and no one between him and Bishop. WTF.

But according to Tripp, he shouldn't have shot it, because Bishop is a big goaltender and in position.

So therefore, the concept of "Put everything on net" goes out the window.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I didn't think there was a d-pairing that could scare me more than McBain-Harrison. Sangs-Bergeron? Holy ****.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Nobody has the balls to tell John that it's actually "Better Ingredients, Better Pizza" because he's so awesome. Thus, he'll continue to get the order mixed up every single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad