GDT: Mediocre storms collide | Tropical Depressions vs. Bolts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Damnit did I click on the Facebook link again?

These are professional hockey players. They aren't so wowed by Semin that they're not going to do their jobs. They're just not very good at what they do.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
I want a win.

But a loss is fine too.

Do Meth for Seth.

I wonder, if once JR steps down and Ronnie Franchise takes over, this culture of "winning and losing is not life or death" will change, as Ray Whitney alluded to.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Honest question. Do we really think JR's days are numbered (his own choosing) or is this talk of him stepping down wishful thinking?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I tend to think if they miss the playoffs again this season, which is looking likely, then he's got a year in the hot seat. If they miss next season, he's gone. In another organization I would say he'd be gone this season after a miss but he has that special exemption that Maurice had.

So, to answer the question... He won't step down on his own. If he leaves it's because he was let go.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Honest question. Do we really think JR's days are numbered (his own choosing) or is this talk of him stepping down wishful thinking?

Sadly, it's all up to him. I think JR views the next 3 years as our window to compete again, and after that window closes, he'll probably move upstairs full time.

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
If JR steps down, it will be truely voluntary. Remember, he owns like 5% of the team now so he ain't gonna be fired unless he goes to jail or something.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

wishful thinking.

And yeah, I always want to win, but it's going to take a miracle turnaround here. Just, if at all possible, no loser points tonight. Either get us towards the playoffs cleanly, or get us towards the #1 pick cleanly. There is no middle ground.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
If JR steps down, it will be truely voluntary. Remember, he owns like 5% of the team now so he ain't gonna be fired unless he goes to jail or something.

5% ain't much. In any other business environments, personal relationships aside, he would be fired if projected success missed the mark several times, as it has in Carolina. His minor ownership investment means little if the stands aren't filled and the post season nothing more than fart in the wind.

I don't picture it as Karmanos running in and turning his desk over. I just think after careful consideration he is "let go". Aka maybe he walks after being nudged, he's told his reign is through but however it's sugar coated, it's canned yams for him if they miss the playoffs after this season.

I would go as far as to say if they start poorly next season, he's walking. Probably wishful thinking.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
And yeah, I always want to win, but it's going to take a miracle turnaround here. Just, if at all possible, no loser points tonight. Either get us towards the playoffs cleanly, or get us towards the #1 pick cleanly. There is no middle ground.

So when they tie it late on a missed call then we lose 1-0 in the Shootout where our three skaters all flat out miss the net trying for the same top corner you'll be upset? :laugh:

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Bergeron-McBain pairing works out.

A lot like this:

eljuli.jpg

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Expect even more of this:

2009_medium.gif

l.gif

I really have a hard time seeing us not get lit up by Stamkos and St. Louis tonight. Maybe our offense will get going, though. Hard to know how Bishop will respond. Maybe Skinner will get one or two.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
5% ain't much. In any other business environments, personal relationships aside, he would be fired if projected success missed the mark several times, as it has in Carolina. His minor ownership investment means little if the stands aren't filled and the post season nothing more than fart in the wind.

I don't picture it as Karmanos running in and turning his desk over. I just think after careful consideration he is "let go". Aka maybe he walks after being nudged, he's told his reign is through but however it's sugar coated, it's canned yams for him if they miss the playoffs after this season.
But Karmanos has always over-valued friendships. He went so far as to hire a corrupt ex-pol and current jailbird to sell software for Compuware. He saw nothing wrong with that so you have to question his ability to look past such a long-standing friendship.

Plus JR calls him Mr. Kamanos all the time which strokes his already outsized ego. Wonder if he calls Jason Mr. Karmanos too? :sarcasm:

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
You know what sucks? Eric Staal and the first line have still been excellent down the stretch. And we're still losing games.

Is our team a victim of Ewing theory? It's looking quite likely.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine

Yeah, wishful thinking. He's been in there since, what, 1994? Twelve seasons (going on thirteen) with no playoffs, and only three times past the first round. Who else has that long a tenure with that little success without being either a team owner or in the pocket of the owner.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
You know what sucks? Eric Staal and the first line have still been excellent down the stretch. And we're still losing games.

Is our team a victim of Ewing theory? It's looking quite likely.

But wouldn't we have to trade Staal (Ewing) first and then win the Cup for this to be valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad