Confirmed Trade: [BUF/EDM] Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio for Matt Savoie

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
How are people this shocked about a big return for a center after seeing massive contracts for centers and massive trade returns for centers.

Mcleod was 100% worth a 1st++.

25, excellent defensively and on the kill, one of the better skaters in the league. quality 3Cs are a rare commodity
Well, for one, it's a question whether he is even a #3 C.

McLeod was often used a winger on the Oilers. They had to get Henrique because McLeod did not step into that #3 C role.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How are people this shocked about a big return for a center after seeing massive contracts for centers and massive trade returns for centers.

Mcleod was 100% worth a 1st++.

25, excellent defensively and on the kill, one of the better skaters in the league. quality 3Cs are a rare commodity
Because Savoie is trending exactly how a 9th overall pick should be trending. If anyone suggested trading a 9th overall pick for McLeod, they’d be laughed at. You don’t trade 9th overall picks for 3rd line centres

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Some Sabres fans were complaining about having too many small players. But Savoie has high end potential. McLeod is 3C at best. Plus they just drafted Helenius to be the 3C basically. I mean yeah they have an abundance of young talent, but this is just a big drop in talent.
Buffalo traded from a surplus of assets for something they were sorely lacking. Winning hockey games >>>> losing hockey trades. They want a team that's a PITA to play against, and Mcleod fits that mold. Edmonton got great value, but 3Cs with some snarl aren't cheap. Glad Savoie is going out west, atleast.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I just feel pure pity for Sabres fans. What else can you say at this point?
Many, many Sabres fans have called for Adams to do something along these lines.

Savoie, Benson, Rosen, Neuchev, Ostlund and even to an extent Kulich and even Helenius are all cut from the same broad cloth: smallish skill-heavy forwards. We were getting a MAJOR clog in Rochester.

We also had a GLARING hole at 3C. Right now, our 3C was scheduled to be Peyton Krebs. McLeod is a major upgrade there.

Did Adams overpay? Yep. Did he overpay for a NEED? Yep. Did he use our surplus of similar-ish prospects to do so? Yep.

Don't mind this one bit.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
This trade lets you know what small offensive only players are worth in the NHL nowadays. Savoie’s value is from where he was selected.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Mcleod will be a 3C for the next decade. Elite speed, completely responsible defensively, only some offence but there potential for more.

Savoie sounds like a great prospect, but it’s not like Buffalo isn’t getting a good piece back here.

I had Mcleod’s value pegged as a 1st+. This trade tracks.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Because Savoie is trending exactly how a 9th overall pick should be trending. If anyone suggested trading a 9th overall pick for McLeod, they’d be laughed at.
Well its not the 9th, its Savoie. He hasn't exactly showed amazingly since he was drafted, produced a lot in WHL, but had a really bad WJC. He lacks size and substance, to me. Still wouldn't trade him for McLeod though.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I need a new team. Watch the Sabres fans come out and say “you can’t keep all your prospects forever”. Yeah let’s give away our 1A prospects for a guy with 30 point upside. Fans are as much of jokes as the franchise is now. I’ve never seen Stockholm syndrome with fans of a team like I’ve seen with this franchise.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Buffalo traded from a surplus of assets for something they were sorely lacking. Winning hockey games >>>> losing hockey trades. They want a team that's a PITA to play against, and Mcleod fits that mold. Edmonton got great value, but 3Cs with some snarl aren't cheap. Glad Savoie is going out west, atleast.

I'm going to suggest something .... maybe they should have drafted a few PITA's with their top picks instead of a half a dozen smaller offensive minded prospects?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad