McKeen's Hockey Top Prospect Rankings & Organizational Rankings

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
McKeen's Hockey's 2022/23 NHL Yearbook has been released and in it you will find many prospect goodies (top 300 prospects rankings, organizational rankings, team by team top 20's with reports, etc). Thought I'd pop on here to share a few tidbits and possibly answer some questions.

Organizational Prospect Rankings:
  1. Buffalo Sabres
  2. Anaheim Ducks
  3. New Jersey Devils
  4. Columbus Blue Jackets
  5. Minnesota Wild
  6. Montreal Canadiens
  7. Dallas Stars
  8. Los Angeles Kings
  9. Chicago Blackhawks
  10. Arizona Coyotes

Top 50 Prospect Rankings:
  1. Owen Power
  2. Luke Hughes
  3. Bowen Byram
  4. Matthew Beniers
  5. Jake Sanderson
  6. Mason McTavish
  7. Shane Wright
  8. Logan Cooley
  9. Juraj Slafkovsky
  10. Simon Nemec
  11. Jack Quinn
  12. Simon Edvinsson
  13. Kent Johnson
  14. Marco Rossi
  15. Alexander Holtz
  16. Wyatt Johnston
  17. Brandt Clarke
  18. David Jiricek
  19. Matthew Savoie
  20. Pavel Mintyukov
  21. Lukas Reichel
  22. John-Jason Peterka
  23. Yaroslav Askarov
  24. Dylan Guenther
  25. Jesper Wallstedt
  26. William Eklund
  27. Xavier Bourgault
  28. Olen Zellweger
  29. Cole Perfetti
  30. Logan Stankoven
  31. Mavrik Bourque
  32. Vitali Kravtsov
  33. Brennan Othmann
  34. Devon Levi
  35. Frank Nazar
  36. Denton Mateychuk
  37. Kirill Marchenko
  38. Thomas Bordeleau
  39. Jakob Pelletier
  40. Philip Broberg
  41. Cutter Gauthier
  42. Jonathan Lekkerimaki
  43. Scott Perunovich
  44. Kevin Korchinski
  45. Dustin Wolf
  46. Danila Yurov
  47. Noah Ostlund
  48. Cam York
  49. Fabian Lysell
  50. Jiri Kulich

For more info on some rankings and biggest risers and fallers, check out this piece:

Happy to answer any questions you might have...so long as they're not "where is so and so ranked?":D

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Overall nice list, I think lots of people are going to be questioning Edvinsson being 12th especially when Nemec is placed 10th.

its a pretty conseravtive list. At least in the top 50, All of the prospects are all 1st round and early 2nd round picks. Makes me wonder which player from the later rounds in recent drafts made the biggest jump up the list.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I can't complain with my Jackets being ranked around 4th, seems about right with just the great number of high end prospects they have. But I will grumble with Kent Johnson getting ranked 13th. He just keeps getting better and better and has more elite upside than most of the guys ahead of him.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Overall nice list, I think lots of people are going to be questioning Edvinsson being 12th especially when Nemec is placed 10th.

its a pretty conseravtive list. At least in the top 50, All of the prospects are all 1st round and early 2nd round picks. Makes me wonder which player from the later rounds in recent drafts made the biggest jump up the list.
Levi at 34?

Reactions: Xirik

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I’m a little confused as to how Holloway is not in top 50?

Or he is and the thread starter forgot to add him?

Also: I do like that goalies are in top 50…
Ya not sure when the OP finalized this list, but after this week, Holloway looks to be ahead of alot of those names, and he will get to play w/ Drai or McD soon enough too

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hilarious that Holloway isn‘t on there.

He was utterly dominant and looked head and shoulders better than everyone at the Young Stars Classic played by the Western Canadian NHL teams.

Watching him at that, he is a sure fire 100% NHL caliber player. By far the best player for any team at the YSC.

Glaring omission.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Hilarious that Holloway isn‘t on there.

He was utterly dominant and looked head and shoulders better than everyone at the Young Stars Classic played by the Western Canadian NHL teams.

Watching him at that, he is a sure fire 100% NHL caliber player. By far the best player for any team at the YSC.

Glaring omission.
Ahh yes the mighty young star classic, definately a sure fire way to tell if a prospect is "100% NHL caliber" or not.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Ahh yes the mighty young star classic, definately a sure fire way to tell if a prospect is "100% NHL caliber" or not.

I mean, he did tear up the NCAA in his D+1 and finished the year strong in the AHL coming off wrist surgery.

You could completely hate the Oilers and still see how dominant he was. Head and shoulders the best player out there. Looked like a cleercut NHLer. He’s a strong two way player with high end speed and tenacity all over the ice.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I mean, he did tear up the NCAA in his D+1 and finished the year strong in the AHL coming off wrist surgery.

You could completely hate the Oilers and still see how dominant he was. Head and shoulders the best player out there. Looked like a cleercut NHLer. He’s a strong two way player with high end speed and tenacity all over the ice.

I like Dylan Holloway a lot as a prospect and player but every list is going to have some guy I like not on it, it's not really that big of a deal and certainly not glaring by any means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad