Value of: Max Wanner (EDM) to Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
He's caught my attention many times in the past two seasons while I've been watching Mateychuk's play in MJ. I think he could be a good fit for Jackets 3RD spot in a couple of years if Gudbranson, Peeke and Boqvist are moved and Ceulemans doesn't pan out. He's got size, is solid defensively and doesn't panic with the puck. I can imagine him as a future 7D as well. Place him next to Mateychuk or Svozil and you could have...

Werenski-Jiricek
Svozil-Severson
Mateychuk-Wanner

...around 2025-26 or later.

I saw a poll on Oilers board that indicated one of their biggest need this offseason is to upgrade RD position. Is there any name on the Jackets roster Oilers would consider as an upgrade? How about players of other positions? Picks, prospects?

Not sure what the right value would be so I guess I'll just start with something and see how EDM fans respond...

Peeke or Boqvist or Ceulemans for Wanner + 23' 2nd or 24' 2nd

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
EDM Declines

Wanner is not a prospect we currently are interested in trading, his development has been way better than initially thought. So for now EDM holds on to him , his size, skating and shooting ability to see what we have here

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Dont really understand the post,
"i like this 7th rounder guy so please trade him to us along with a 2nd"

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lol. His value is not high
No probably not. But at the same time he’s an intriguing prospect for the Oilers. A weird player to try and pin value down on.

As to the other half of the proposal, a second for Boqvist or Peeke. I don’t see it being a fit. Oilers need an upgrade on their top pairing at RHD. Not their bottom.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
No probably not. But at the same time he’s an intriguing prospect for the Oilers. A weird player to try and pin value down on.

As to the other half of the proposal, a second for Boqvist or Peeke. I don’t see it being a fit. Oilers need an upgrade on their top pairing at RHD. Not their bottom.
Boqvist value is more than just a second

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
EDM Declines

Wanner is not a prospect we currently are interested in trading, his development has been way better than initially thought. So for now EDM holds on to him , his size, skating and shooting ability to see what we have here
Understandable. I think I would be comfortable trading Jackets 2nd or 3rd round pick for him but if the Oilers see his potential similarly as you and I then it's probably not going to happen.

Reactions: IIxGURUxII

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Understandable. I think I would be comfortable trading Jackets 2nd or 3rd round pick for him but if the Oilers see his potential similarly as you and I then it's probably not going to happen.

Yes , It seems like he may be a gem in the later stages of the draft .. and he's quickly tending up the depth charts ... really looking forward to seeing him at training and rookie camps

Reactions: tunnelvision

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Yes , It seems like he may be a gem in the later stages of the draft .. and he's quickly tending up the depth charts ... really looking forward to seeing him at training and rookie camps
There have been nights he's been more impressive than Mateychuk for the Warriors in my eyes. Hopefully the camp scrimmages will be streamed on youtube...

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Boqvist value is more than just a second
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I just don’t see the fit for the player in Edmonton regardless of the cost. Too expensive for bottom pair and not a top pair D man. Not suggesting it’s good value or not for the Blue Jackets.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Edmonton can't really be trading for a guy like Peeke without sending salary back so Edmonton declines.

Wanner by himself doesn't have huge value by any stretch but there's not much sense in dealing him, Edmonton doesn't have much for RD in the system.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers defense doesn't need Boqvist unless Bouchard holds out for a big pay day and is traded
Even then I suspect Oilers would be looking for a more polished RD for next playoffs.
Peeke could be a better fit but his -40 last season is a red flag for sure.

Wanner+2nd for Peeke is a yes for me assuming he is an upgrade over Ceci.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad