Value of: Max Domi to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
There's been rumors that Colorado is looking at Max Domi. Colorado and Columbus have a good working relationship and I think Max Domi is a plan B or C for the Avs if things don't work out with Giroux (which is looking unlikely).

Depending on the price, I wouldn't be too upset with getting Domi to play as a middle sixer. Certainly a good buy-low option.

Reactions: Doubledose

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I mean there are lots of guys I’d prefer as Plan B until we see the prices.

I think the idea here is to buy low on Domi - who has played better as of late I believe.

Not saying I endorse it (Domi) - but everybody and their mom wants to rent a guy like Copp. Sakic has tended to look for market anomalies or under the radar gets that represent good value. If we are looking at pure rentals, I could care less about age or upside to be honest. I want a guy who is going to show out for a few months and then things are reset in the summer.

Domi is a bit of a nut with an inconsistent reputation but so is Kadri. But Kadri in a contract year has been a very good boy. Domi has skill…Domi is a free agent this summer. He may be motivated to produce his best form on a big stage. I don’t want the Avs to invest heavily in this prototype of player but a short stint could be mutually beneficial.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
There's been rumors that Colorado is looking at Max Domi. Colorado and Columbus have a good working relationship and I think Max Domi is a plan B or C for the Avs if things don't work out with Giroux (which is looking unlikely).

Depending on the price, I wouldn't be too upset with getting Domi to play as a middle sixer. Certainly a good buy-low option.
JT Compher and a 4th?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
A rental fits better than Dvorak’s contract and will also be cheaper unless the Habs are simply done with Dvorak already. Given the investment, I would say that doesn’t seem likely.
Dvorak is pretty cheap for a 3rd line center that can play as a second center if needed his contract is not that bad.
The new habs management doesnt seem high on him , also the Dvorak trade was just awful for the habs. Dvorak looks like someone that doesnt want to be here. They are already rumours with Minnesota about him. Don't think Dvorak will be a habs for long

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Dvorak is pretty cheap for a 3rd line center that can play as a second center if needed his contract is not that bad.
The new habs management doesnt seem high on him , also the Dvorak trade was just awful for the habs. Dvorak looks like someone that doesnt want to be here. They are already rumours with Minnesota about him. Don't think Dvorak will be a habs for long
Still pass. I like Dvoraks skill set but I hate his body language this year. He doesn’t scream “guy who is going to step up when things get extra tough in the playoffs.” His contract isn’t horrible but he’s definitely not a guy you can sell to a team like Colorado as “your long-term #2 center solution” and as a mid-six guy his contract absolutely robs the Avs of the flexibility they need going forward to adjust their roster.

Domi can be a fool and a liability at times (I mean you’re a Habs fan you know lol) and I would absolutely not trust handing him a new contract past this spring but he’s skilled and a feisty arse when motivated. This is all contingent on the idea we could trade for him relatively cheaply. Which I have no idea what the expected value on him would be (at 50%).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad